Heritage .22 rough rider

catdaddy

Apr 4, 2012
texas
Saw that these were on sale again at academy tomorrow. Are these worth the money just for plinking once in a while?

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
Haven't seen the ad but had one that is 22lr/22mag. Gave it to my dad and still shoot it from time to time.

Fun little SA plinker and swap in the .22 mag cylinder for a good cheap gun to throw in the truck for various needs at the farm or ranch. They will rust if left with out oil in the truck for too long.

Not the same as the more expensive smiths and rugers, but if you just one a cheap little revolver to shoot they are a good buy IMO.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
Apr 26, 2009
Corpus Christi TX
I bought one for my son a few black Fridays ago. Fun plinking. Its single action only. I might go back and get one for my daughter this black Friday. They shoot 22mag if you but the 22mag cylinder. Can't go wrong at that price especially for cheap plinking.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jakashh

TGT Addict
Jun 30, 2010
Sugar Land
hell yeah they're worth it. Spent a lot of time shooting steel with Jared91's heritage RR, and it was a badass little plinking gun. Gotta hold the FSP a bit higher than the rear notch when shooting 10-15 yards in my experience, but it's a damn fun gun for the money. Even if it's not all that refined or all, it's still damn fun to shoot, and will hit where you point it once you get the hold down.

Younggun

Ginger Avenger
TGT Supporter
Admin
Jul 31, 2011
hill co.
I can say the one we have has been getting beat around for over 10 years.

I did have to replace the hammer because I was holding the trigger and slapping it like you see in some of the old movies. The new one is made of a better steel and appears to be what they use on all the newer guns. I wasn't charged for the hammer and it was easy to replace.

Dawico

Uncoiled
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lampasas, Texas
I can say the one we have has been getting beat around for over 10 years.

I did have to replace the hammer because I was holding the trigger and slapping it like you see in some of the old movies. The new one is made of a better steel and appears to be what they use on all the newer guns. I wasn't charged for the hammer and it was easy to replace.
Can't have anything nice with you around.........

Jakashh

TGT Addict
Jun 30, 2010
Sugar Land
Can't blame him, i'd do it too.

Django did it, but he also had a 7 shot 45 colt cylinder with the trigger guard removed and broken fingers ;)

F350-6

TGT Addict
Lifetime Member
May 25, 2009
I haven't seen the ad. How cheap is it? My daughter got me one a few years ago and it's not my favorite 22 handgun. If they're cheap enough, I'll get another for the fun of it.

Top Bottom