• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Finally got these out to the range (with the holidays and work travel, the opportunities aren't that often). I have to say they were a lot of fun! The SAA design does slow down ammo consumption, which is a good thing and honestly, adds to the pleasure of shooting. Accuracy was about as expected, not great but at 10-12 yards not too bad either. I had some small steel targets I bought at the Premier show and I could hit the 3" wide one at that distance about the third of the time, but the 1½" one was a bit challenging. Of course that's probably more due to my deteriorating eyesight as much as the guns; but it really didn't matter as these pistols are more about plinking fun than anything else, to which they hit the mark. Shooting both at the same time--Rooster Cogburn-style--was also a blast but to be honest I couldn't hit shit firing them that way!

So, bottom line is for $99 you can't beat these Heritage Rough Rider revolvers for fun range toys. I did put some CCI Quiet ammo through them and it was about as loud as a small firecracker, so it's possible to shoot that ammo without hearing protection (although I still would recommend wearing it). I still need to find a good dual holster western belt for them, but I've seen some decently-priced ones downtown in San Antonio show when I get a chance I'll check those out. Overall, I had absolutely zero issues with both of these revolvers and don't foresee any. They're simple, functional and while not the highest quality, I don't see any reason why these won't last a lifetime or more. I will probably pick another one or two up in the near future, they're just too fun not to have!

Cheers! M2
    Venture Surplus ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    OK, now the wife thinks I need a Western-style belt to hold these pistols in. Most of the ones I've seen cost almost as much as the guns themselves. Any suggestions on inexpensive twin-holster cowboy belt that's not too cheesy? :D

Cheers! M2

I found one for $35 at the Mesquite gun show. THey had several different styles and colors. I don't recall the name of the vendor, but I will go the next time the show comes around and get it for you.

I bought a gorgeous dark brown leather holster for my Vaquero Long Colt.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I found one for $35 at the Mesquite gun show. THey had several different styles and colors. I don't recall the name of the vendor, but I will go the next time the show comes around and get it for you.

I bought a gorgeous dark brown leather holster for my Vaquero Long Colt.

What show was that, Premier? If so I can ask the promoter. I'd be thrilled to find one at that price! :)

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    What show was that, Premier? If so I can ask the promoter. I'd be thrilled to find one at that price! :)

It was the Big Town Gun Show. Not sure who the promoter is on that show, or if there is more than one.

They had belts, holsters, cell phone holsters, etc. Really good prices on their stuff, and it was quality. My holster had no tooling on it, but it has the leg tie down. They had some tooled holsters too. Their belts were pretty nice too, but I already had one of those.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It was the Big Town Gun Show. Not sure who the promoter is on that show, or if there is more than one.

They had belts, holsters, cell phone holsters, etc. Really good prices on their stuff, and it was quality. My holster had no tooling on it, but it has the leg tie down. They had some tooled holsters too. Their belts were pretty nice too, but I already had one of those.

That's a Premier show. I will see if they can tell me who the vendor was...

Thanks! M2

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I have one. Not a huge fan. Zinc frame, unpinned barrel. Dropped mine and not only is the barrel loose now, but the front sight is bent. Luckily mine only cost $75.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Report back here please.

I was able to look at a few last weekend. They run $75-90 and I suspect they are made in Mexico, but they are nice and somewhat ornate for generic Western-style gun belts. The only problem is I am looking for a double holstered one, and all I could find were single ones. I may just have to bite the rimfire bullet and get one, as I don't see paying over twice that price or more for something that is mostly a lark...

Cheers! M2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom