• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • catdaddy

Apr 4, 2012
    texas
    Saw that these were on sale again at academy tomorrow. Are these worth the money just for plinking once in a while?
    Texas SOT

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Haven't seen the ad but had one that is 22lr/22mag. Gave it to my dad and still shoot it from time to time.

Fun little SA plinker and swap in the .22 mag cylinder for a good cheap gun to throw in the truck for various needs at the farm or ranch. They will rust if left with out oil in the truck for too long.

Not the same as the more expensive smiths and rugers, but if you just one a cheap little revolver to shoot they are a good buy IMO.

Chupacabra Hunter

TGT Addict
    Apr 26, 2009
    Corpus Christi TX
    I bought one for my son a few black Fridays ago. Fun plinking. Its single action only. I might go back and get one for my daughter this black Friday. They shoot 22mag if you but the 22mag cylinder. Can't go wrong at that price especially for cheap plinking.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    hell yeah they're worth it. Spent a lot of time shooting steel with Jared91's heritage RR, and it was a badass little plinking gun. Gotta hold the FSP a bit higher than the rear notch when shooting 10-15 yards in my experience, but it's a damn fun gun for the money. Even if it's not all that refined or all, it's still damn fun to shoot, and will hit where you point it once you get the hold down.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can say the one we have has been getting beat around for over 10 years.

I did have to replace the hammer because I was holding the trigger and slapping it like you see in some of the old movies. The new one is made of a better steel and appears to be what they use on all the newer guns. I wasn't charged for the hammer and it was easy to replace.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I can say the one we have has been getting beat around for over 10 years.

I did have to replace the hammer because I was holding the trigger and slapping it like you see in some of the old movies. The new one is made of a better steel and appears to be what they use on all the newer guns. I wasn't charged for the hammer and it was easy to replace.

Can't have anything nice with you around.........

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Can't blame him, i'd do it too.

Django did it, but he also had a 7 shot 45 colt cylinder with the trigger guard removed and broken fingers ;)

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    May 25, 2009
    I haven't seen the ad. How cheap is it? My daughter got me one a few years ago and it's not my favorite 22 handgun. If they're cheap enough, I'll get another for the fun of it.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    May 25, 2009
    Normally, the most expensive one is right around $200, cheapest around $170.

Thanks. I'm aware of the regular price. Just wondering what the black Friday price is and if it's a big enough discount that makes it worth fighting the crowds.

Lucas Mccain

Oct 20, 2012
    Trophy Club Texas
    They are $99. I may stop by one and see if they still have one. My son loves my single six I am sure he would love to have this as his own. I have a feeling though they only got in a limited amount.

Lucas Mccain

Oct 20, 2012
    Trophy Club Texas
    I just picked one up about an hour anf a hlaf ao at the Grapevine Academy and they had more in stock. They even sold me a box of .22 amo to go with it. FYI the only way you can get the ammo is if you buy a .22 gun.

ag1052

Sep 9, 2013
    I bought one in South Austin this morning. They had about 30 in total from what they said. No 22 ammo though.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    May 25, 2009
    Didn't have any at the Academy I went to. The guy behind the counter said they went quick this morning.

Lucas Mccain

Oct 20, 2012
    Trophy Club Texas
    I don't like the white grips that are on it so I will order some wooden ones from Heritage. Do any of you that already have the gun have any issues with it shooting left or right? A friend of mine has one and it shoots left. Heritage told him to bend the front sight until it shoots true. What do you guys think?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    May 25, 2009
    Not much of a sight to bend on mine, but before he even thinks about it, I'd suggest he has the shooting to the left thing verified by other shooters.

Depending on what he likes to shoot at, maybe he should consider just using Kentucky windage.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    I paid about $30 for mine (outrageous package deal), so yeah, mine was worth it. Two downsides:

1.) Very heavy trigger. I don't know if this has ever been fixed since mine is so old it doesn't even have a SN. Bending the mainspring fixed the issue, but most people have no idea how to so this.
    2.) Non-pinned barrel. Dropped mine on concrete and now the barrel is loose. This gun is not made to take abuse.

Aside from that they feel good in the hand, point well, and round out the old collection with a cool cowboy pistol. If they're on sale then they're probably a pretty good deal.

Top Bottom