• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • accordingtoome

Oct 13, 2008
    hello all,
    looking for some feedback on these revolvers. (HERITAGE ROUGH RIDER) Im in the market for a nice 22 revolver for some plinking fun and was hoping someone owned one of these already.

Rimfire Revolvers

thanks all.
    Guns International

tju1973

Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    This is mine--
    S2010182.jpg

$149 at Academy-- and worth it... Mainly I have fired LRs through it, but I have put a box of Mags through just to try it (loud)--

Good value and fun as heck-- not a Ruger Single Six, but still great value for what I paid.

I recommend you get one!!!

CJS3

Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    It's not a tack driver by any stretch of the imagination, but still a fun day at the range. Well worth the price.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 4, 2008
    I had one and it was good for the money.Loosened up after about 2000 rounds and then I broke the trigger.Great gun to shoot after you run out of the expensive ammo.I caused the trigger to break by fanning the gun so it was my fault.I probably would still have it if I had not broken it.I got one for my dad not too long ago and he loves it.

Mot45acp

Jan 24, 2009
    I use mine as my "lawnmower" gun while cutting grass. It's great for dispatching snakes and such.

I keep the first 2 loaded with shot shells and the rest jhp.

woohoo post #1

Rifleman55

Jul 17, 2008
    I have handeled them at the gun shop, they looked and felt cheap to me, I would just buy aRuger single six and be done with it, The single six will be with you long after the rough rider is in the junk pile.

accordingtoome

Oct 13, 2008
    great thanks for the comments.. i have been trying to look for anice used revolver but i can not find anything in my budget. so im prob going to get this one. the Ruger is nice but $500 is just too much for a .22 right now. I would rather get more ammo etc..

cpf3

Sep 14, 2008
    Thanks for posting this question. I have an older LNIB Super Single-Six Convertable that I'm getting ready to sell and your question led me to a Ruger SN/date of mfg site:

Ruger Revolver Serial Number History

...as well as gave me a better feel for an asking price. I'll post it soon in the classifieds.

rcsoar4fun

Jun 12, 2008
    I actually did a lot of research and most reviews were mixed. Mainly "okay for the money". The week after I decided to get one I bought a Single Six at the gun show for $290. It was clean enough that I thought it was new. To me I know I can sell it for what I paid, maybe not the Heritage.

Nate C

Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    I almost bought one (as a Christmas present to myself) on a whim from Academy, but they were sold out of all except the display model. I went home and checked online and the reviews were sufficiently mixed regarding quality control that I never went back to buy one.

If you decide to get one, post your range report. Heck, I might change my mind again.

Top Bottom