• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stickbowcoop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Springtown TX
    Hey all. I am new here and "relatively" new to Texas. My employer relocated my wife and I here from the Pittsburgh PA area in 01/2017. We ended up in Springtown because I wanted an hour or less commute to DFW airport and hate cities and even suburbs are too crowded for my liking. Even this area is getting over populated for our tastes and we have discussed selling and moving farther out. My wife works from home and if I can find some work from home or think of a business I can run from home, we will definitely make the move.

I have been hunting since I turned 12 in 1983. I have been a bow only hunter since 2007, but some health issues (failed back surgery in June 2017 and now cancer) I am getting back into rifles since I can't shoot my bows anymore. I am not a crossbow fan, not bashing they just aren't for me. Right I only have two rifles; an old Savage Mark ii .22lr, and an AR15 in .223/5.56. I may use the AR for hunting since I have been on unpaid sick leave a LONG time and I don't think I can afford a new rifle this year. I missed last hunting season and really hope I don't miss this season as well.

I am an engineer (when not on sick leave of course) for a major airline, but I have had lots of jobs before this. I went back to school as an adult. I was 41 when I graduated with my engineering degree. Until I got hurt and sick I enjoyed shooting archery, hunting, shooting guns, riding motorcycles, and messing with electronics. I am married (19 years), we have two small dogs, two cats, and no kiddos.

Well that was over sharing, but I am happy to be here. It looks like a very interesting place to hang out.

-Mike
    Target Sports

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Welcome! I hate cities as well and since the oil boom more people are moving around the area I am in. Hope things turn out well for you, I've lost two that were very close to me to cancer and had some benign cancer removed from myself.

Top Bottom