• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Houston Gun Collector's Association, they put on the only gun show that might be worth going to in the Houston area.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    Oh... Think I went to that last year and it was a bunch of disgruntle old guys selling off their old war trophies. Cool stuff but the people atmosphere had me regret going.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Admittedly, I haven't been in a few years, but the last one I went to was tons better than the last several High Caliber shows, those were just a waste of time.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    Oh... Think I went to that last year and it was a bunch of disgruntle old guys selling off their old war trophies. Cool stuff but the people atmosphere had me regret going.

The one in the spring they always seem to schedule on the weekend right after the SHOT show ends. Most vendors are just returning after being away from their homes and businesses for a week and are tired after walking the many miles to get around all the booths at SHOT. So other than the old guys selling their old junk, there isn't much else. This show in the fall tends to be better.

Robert_K

Glocks Not Cocks
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    North Houston
    The one in the spring they always seem to schedule on the weekend right after the SHOT show ends. Most vendors are just returning after being away from their homes and businesses for a week and are tired after walking the many miles to get around all the booths at SHOT. So other than the old guys selling their old junk, there isn't much else. This show in the fall tends to be better.

Maybe I'll give it another try than.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    There's a ton of garand stuff, a few deals on gently used shotguns and a couple of booths worth of new and used pistols at decent prices. The majority of the show though is people way too proud of their old stuff.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    HGCA used to be a good show. And the first show when they moved it to this arena was pretty good. The last couple I've been to, I've seen better in Pasadena. And it's a far smaller venue.

Longhorn1986

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2016
    Fort Bend County
    The wife & I went Saturday. I ended up buying a really nice 65-3 that was formerly with the SAPD. There were a (very) few grumpy old men, but most folks were very nice and friendly. We had a good time.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    I had a good time - there was a lot of people, a lot of inventory, and some deals to be had. I'll try to go back next time, with more money!
    ETA: I was highly annoyed with the nazi flags on display, such items have been prohibited in the past and still should be. An email to the HGCA is on my list of stuff to do today.

Eli

Last edited:
    Top Bottom