• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XtriFe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2022
    San Antonio, TX
    Hi, I moved to San Antonio and have lived here in the US for only a handful of years(1 year here in TX). I dont know a lot about guns, although I like them, I'm only familiar with them through video games but after visiting a firing range and shooting a couple of 9mm'ers and a rifle, I really enjoyed it.

Ever since then I've been looking to obtain my first gun just to go shooting for fun at the range every now and then. I'm most likely going to purchase one tomorrow (a Walther PPK/s in .22 lr) and was wondering if theres any person or group of people here that go together to do the same. I'm in my mid 30's and I'm just looking to have fun and learn a thing or two from more experienced people. The range I visited was mission ridge and they took a minute to show me how to safely handle the guns but thats about it. I live in the west region of SA, just outside 1604, if anyone has any recommendation.

Thanks !
    Guns International

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Mission Ridge offers classes and depending on how far west you are, there’s a Nardis over by Alamo Ranch.

We have a group the meets for lunch on the fourth Fridays. Usually in the 10/1604 area but we sometimes go further out.

contender buff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    ft worth tx
    497155ED-8E13-4819-873E-5D2741D6C260.jpeg

XtriFe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2022
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, this is part of why I love Texas.

Mission Ridge offers classes and depending on how far west you are, there’s a Nardis over by Alamo Ranch.

We have a group the meets for lunch on the fourth Fridays. Usually in the 10/1604 area but we sometimes go further out.

Thanks, I'll keep the fourth Friday event in mind. Regarding the shooting ranges, someone else recommended bullet hole, I think I'll try it next.

The closest one to me (apart from a place called "National Shooting Complex", but I'm not sure that one works the same way) is indeed Nardis, but judging by the pictures, it seems pretty "high end"/expensive. I'll end up giving it a try though eventually as its so close to me.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, this is part of why I love Texas.

Thanks, I'll keep the fourth Friday event in mind. Regarding the shooting ranges, someone else recommended bullet hole, I think I'll try it next.

The closest one to me (apart from a place called "National Shooting Complex", but I'm not sure that one works the same way) is indeed Nardis, but judging by the pictures, it seems pretty "high end"/expensive. I'll end up giving it a try though eventually as its so close to me.

Nardis has a website. I used to be a member at Mission Ridge and they were competing against each other; I think Nardis charges a day rate whereas MRRA is hourly. Members shoot ‘free’. Black Friday both usually offer a steep discount in their membership initiation fees.

The National Shooting Complex is primarily shotgun sports; they’re open to the public except when hosting competitions. San Antonio Gun Club is fairly similar in that aspect.

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Thank you for the very nice intro XF. Welcome to the USA, TX, SA, and the TGT family.

I live the opposite side of SA in Wilson county and I’ve yet to make it to the SA Lunch Bunch gathering, but I hope to some day and meet everyone.

591E325C-8DFC-4404-B71F-9C3457066505.png

[edit] Excellent choice on starting out with 22LR.

Top Bottom