• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris1948

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2022
    Copperas Cove
    Just a quick introduction, I spent 22yrs in the Army and retired in '90 then worked 23yrs on the tank ranges at Ft. Hood left there in 2013. First weapon I ever fired was back in '68 in basic training, an M-14. Had an M-14 all through my Vietnam tour. Never held an M-16 until the late 70's. Hopefully I can get some good information here about my planned conversion of my Glock to an SBR especially regarding what I need to do to be legal, would hate to have the ATF knock down my door in the middle of the night.
    Texas SOT

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    Howdy and welcome to TGT.

When you ask your questions. Just sit back and be prepared to get several different answers from several people. Then there will be a few members who will argue on who gave to correct answer and how gave the incorrect answer. Then once your totally confused, tell the misses to make you a sandwich and bring you a beer. Then once you get them, review all answers and find the ones that pertain to your question.

GOOD LUCK and WELCOME.

Chris1948

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2022
    Copperas Cove
    Thank you, actually I'm not interested in getting an AR, my youngest son has four of them and they just don't impress me. I'm more concerned with my Glock to SBR conversion at the moment.

Chris1948

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2022
    Copperas Cove
    Howdy and welcome to TGT.

When you ask your questions. Just sit back and be prepared to get several different answers from several people. Then there will be a few members who will argue on who gave to correct answer and how gave the incorrect answer. Then once your totally confused, tell the misses to make you a sandwich and bring you a beer. Then once you get them, review all answers and find the ones that pertain to your question.

GOOD LUCK and WELCOME.
    Thanks, I've been through all that before on other sites, however somewhere in all the murkiness there are really good answers.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    M-14 is my first love.

I've heard that it's harder (stamp-wise and tax-wise) to convert a pistol to an SBR than to convert a rifle to an SBR. I reckon that if you buy the parts, starting with a bare frame like a P80 or one just bought by itself, and assembling from there, you'd circumvent the issue. And by issue I mean "BATFE definitions".

Someone who knows more about that may want to correct me though.

Chris1948

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2022
    Copperas Cove
    M-14 is my first love.

I've heard that it's harder (stamp-wise and tax-wise) to convert a pistol to an SBR than to convert a rifle to an SBR. I reckon that if you buy the parts, starting with a bare frame like a P80 or one just bought by itself, and assembling from there, you'd circumvent the issue. And by issue I mean "BATFE definitions".

Someone who knows more about that may want to correct me though.
    The conversion kit I plan to get is this one - https://zahal.org/product/fab-defense-kpos-g2-conversion-kit-for-glock-17-19/ the only reason I'm going this route is because I've had the middle finger of my right hand partially amputated and it's making it hard to get a grip on the pistol. While on Vietnam I had a .45 Grease Gun passed down to me, which I passed on when I left also had an M79 Grenade launcher.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Welcome to TGT.

welcome1.jpeg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts