• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlbott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2017
    louisiana
    Hey all, I was born and raised there in Texas but somehow after service ended up just across border in Louisiana lol. Married to beautiful wife of 34 years and our nest is finally empty. Wow is it nice lol. I found the site because I am interested in fulfilling one of my dreams of owning an AR. Well started off as M16, yea i got out a long time ago lol... But things have changed allot and from the looks of things for the better. Like quick acquisition sites etc. I found a whole slew of entry level guns on grabagun.c m but problem is I know nothing about any of these new platforms but heck start at 374 and go up... i figure most hard core guys will say most of these cheaper ones are crap, and I figure as much but would like to get out as cheap as i can, would allow for more toys, sites, ammo etc. they do have ruger and SW in 474 range that both look like decent weapons but I am hoping some of you really nice, all Texans are nice, knowledgeable fellows will run over there and look em over for me and tell me what you think of the choices and which I might buy. I thank you ahead of time and I know my introduction probably not the place for all this or really maybe it is lol.... please let me know as soon as possible..... many thanks from a misplaced Texan....... don
    Texas SOT

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Welcome to TX and to the forum! I did 20 years in S'port and got out on good behavior. We have lots of room in TX-come on over!

dlbott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2017
    louisiana
    They used to have law there in tx that if you were vet and born there you could get ten thousand dollars toward land and home, anyone know if that still on books or not. Yea, lost my dad and mom now in last five years, mom just few months ago and the memories of growing up summers at fish camp at end of galveston flood back. watching dad out past the third sand bar over his head bouncing off the bottom and jumping to cast but coming in dragging stringer of the biggest trout you have ever seen and almost drowning him. Lord he was the best pure lurer wade fisherman I have ever seen.

He passed on my bday, have not been fishing since. Then in winter hunting lease in hill country. I am glad I can still remember those memories... TX truly is a wonderful place..

Personally, always thought should just sucede from union and be our own ctry lol....we just refinanced so we have to stay least six months but hey lousyana and allot of TX going to be under water in the future anyways. Move west tx have beach front property lol.... seriously though, tx great state....

is it true you guys are actually upgrading and protecting the grid there from solar storms and emp.... read that somewhere... thought how smart.. why are not all the states doing it, we know it is coming lol.... Don

dlbott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2017
    louisiana
    Hey guys wife got home today and gave me go ahead so went to order and grabagun made decision for me, the SW went up to 600 so it is going to be ruger. I need help if some of you scrappy homies can look over the sites and offer suggestion. Sorry to ask but do need it kinda quick, don't want to lose the ruger too. guess i can go ahead and buy. my eyes are not what they used to be, my expert days on hard sights are long over lol.

I see these young bucks and ft. polk using reflex sites. that wold be great but it has to be high enough to get over front hard site. Would love a laser but not a game changer, unless it is infrared and u looking through night vision it just gives your position away, least at night anyway. love to hear your suggestions.

Thanks guys for making me feel so welcomed. may not be there now but i will always be a texan in my heart. thanks don. mainly quick target acquisition but would love some magnification and will eventually get scope to hunt with. thanks for helping don p.s. ebay has lot, including weird looking animals with scope, reflex, laser, all of it, course from China but we know they stole all the tech from everyone else so some stuff they make is ok lol. arggg tougher decision than the gun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom