• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theGerman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    Friedberg (Germany)
    Hi I live here in Friedberg (Germany) and I'm a sports shooter. The reason why I opend an account here is that all the interesting stuff especially gun accesories comes from the US. I was 2011 & 2013 on the IWA outdoor and classics (second biggest gun show on earth - it's like the shot show in LA but smaller) and met some people from Blackhawk, ATI and so one. The problem is these guys are only interested into business and to get a good overview of the market (to decide whitch parts are crap and witch parts are worth it's money) I began to watch some youtube reviews and read some articles in magazines and forums.

I'm a proud owner ot these guns:

-Sig Sauer X-Five Allround (my first gun)
    -Smith & Wesson M41 (seccond one)
    -Remington 870 Express Tactical (I bought this one last year)

You have to know in Germany it's not typical that evry person has a gun. Here only 10% of the germans are gun owners so don't be scared that I have only 3.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Welcome.

Herr Friedberg, I am German, and every German I knew had guns: Mauser k-98, Luger P-08, Walther P-38, Walther PPK, Anschuetz. and many others.

Sie machen Krach um nichts!

theGerman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    Friedberg (Germany)
    Thanks for the great feedback

@shortround

I live in Friedberg and I'm not Mr. Friedberg so call me Stefan because that's my first name. "I am German, and every German I knew had guns" - don't get me wrong but the fact is most of the germans have no guns but maybe you just met the right people ;)

Ich wollte einfach nur meine Waffen aufzählen und bin davon ausgegangen das die meisten hier in dem Forum sicherlich mehr als 3 Waffen besitzen und wollte desshalb nur kurz erwähnen dass das für deutsche Verhältnisse eine angemessene Zahl ist da hier generell nicht so viele Waffenbesitzer leben. Vielleicht kam die Botschaft durch meine mäßigen Englischkenntnisse falsch an dann war dies aber nicht so beabsichtigt.

Last edited:

GlockOwner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Dallas (Oak Cliff)
    Thanks for the great feedback

@shortround

I live in Friedberg and I'm not Mr. Friedberg so call me Stefan because that's my first name. "I am German, and every German I knew had guns" - don't get me wrong but the fact is most of the germans have no guns but maybe you just met the right people ;)

Ich wollte einfach nur meine Waffen aufzählen und bin davon ausgegangen das die meisten hier in dem Forum sicherlich mehr als 3 Waffen besitzen und wollte desshalb nur kurz erwähnen dass das für deutsche Verhältnisse eine angemessene Zahl ist da hier generell nicht so viele Waffenbesitzer leben. Vielleicht kam die Botschaft durch meine mäßigen Englischkenntnisse falsch an dann war dies aber nicht so beabsichtigt.

Google translate is my friend.

Welcome to TGT!

Ready.Fire.Aim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Guten tag Herr Stefan!

I was in Deutschland with my family in 2011 and thoroughly enjoyed it. Took trains to Munchen, and toured surrounding area, also to Rotenburg ob der Tauber for 2 days; its crime and punishment museum was funny. We also travelled to Freiburg to see the Black Forest. I was amazed to see a large fruiting fig tree growing in Freiburg.

We mainly stayed in bed and breakfasts, the people were friendly everywhere. . Augustiner beer in Munchen is worth the trip back. Every time I see Schnecken or Spargel on a menu I think of May in your country.

My oldest daughter used to live in Bonn, she now lives in China, she is fluent in German and Mandarin, she was our guide. My youngest daughter is traveling to Berlin, Paris, and Prague on a trip in June, she is fluent in Czech.

I have two FWB air rifles and three air rifles made by Weirauch, beautiful machines. Also have a Luger my dad traded for two cartons of cigarettes while in Norway in May of 45 and a fully automatic MP40 submachine gun I purchased a few years ago.

Have fun
    RFA

Last edited:

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Wie geht's? Lots of good information on this site, you'll enjoy being a member. My family is originally from in and around Munich, moved to the U.S. a couple of decades before the Civil War. By-the-way, my team just beat Hannover 96 today, 6-1. That's 13 straight wins in a row!

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Howdy! Glad ta see ya'll! Although, ah gotta admit - ah'm a bit worried 'bout talkin' ta a feller what has so many guns.....

<let's see how ya handle someone what talks mah kinda English.....>(G)

Top Bottom