• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Nobody finds it strange that she's married to a gun guy, but asking us all these questions.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather my wife ask me first.

Nope. Even @benenglish acknowledges there’s a gap in transferring knowledge from male shooters to female shooters, even most ‘teachers’/instructors have a problem making it happen. And spouse to the equation and it becomeS an order of magnitude more difficult.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Sometimes, a husband can be the worst person to teach their wife how to shoot guns. Luckily, I never had to teach my wife to shoot guns. Her father and brother thankfully undertook that task long before I entered her life!

The only thing I teach my wife about guns, is the operation of any new ones that we acquire. I want her to have at least some knowledge of the operation and function of the controls of them.

When she asks me a question of why she's having a problem with a particular gun, instead of saying, "Do this, or do it this way.", I offer "What if you tried this?" instead.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Nobody finds it strange that she's married to a gun guy, but asking us all these questions.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather my wife ask me first.
    Nope.
    What spouse listens to the other?
    When I was a youth bowling coach, I quickly learned that it was better to teach other kids and let another coach work with my kids. My kids would not listen to me unless they heard the same thing from every other coach first. Spouse are no different.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Need a new meter then. No BS, only Gun Guy will post for the business. I just wanted my own personal account and to support TGT. But trust me, after all of this, I'm rethinking my account.
    Don't do that.
    Consider this.
    There is a group of women that meets to discuss a topic. And a husband wants to join to learn and have a better understanding of his wife's hobby. What is the first thing in most heads? Suspicion.
    What's he up to? This is girl stuff. Is he gay? Doesn't trust his wife?

We really are, for the most part, good folks. We don't always agree. Stick around and you will learn the ones to listen to and the ones to ignore.

And check out that video I posted. He has several. He teaches the same basic stuff the Army Advanced Marksman Unit tought me in the 60's and 70s. They are the ones that teach Seals and Snipers.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Nope.
    What spouse listens to the other?
    When I was a youth bowling coach, I quickly learned that it was better to teach other kids and let another coach work with my kids. My kids would not listen to me unless they heard the same thing from every other coach first. Spouse are no different.

I wasn't going to say anything else, but since you quoted me, and asked a question.

I guess the 20+ year relationship I have with my GF is different, cause she always asks me.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I’m just coming in here to say hi and at a first glance I’m just wondering what all these yahoos have done to this poor thread.

“Hey, Sarah! Welcome to TGT!”

Didn't read the whole thread, but in all forums on the face of the planet, a post from a new gal brings out the hound dogs! Will this one make it to 500 posts???

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I wasn't going to say anything else, but since you quoted me, and asked a question.

I guess the 20+ year relationship I have with my GF is different, cause she always asks me.

What I said was in no way a put down on you always 100%. But as a general rule. If she does ask and listen, and you do the same,,,,,sounds like you got a keeper Cam.
    Mine asks and listens. And quite often ignores. Drives me nuts.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    My wife loves guns, not as much as I do, but quite a bit. And she's a damn good shot too.
    I wanted her to be more comfortable with guns, so every few months I grab 3 or 4 guns and have her field strip them.

In addition, she put together her own AR-15 (the only thing I did was answer some questions, and put on the Muddy Girl Camo wrap on it. Picture of it below.

IMG_0977.JPG

Top Bottom