• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I'm afraid I don't understand. You're not going to walk around all summer long with a trench coat on hiding a carbine?

Yes, I got it - CHL

Congrats dude!

Long_Shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    TX
    She is Shiny again! Thanks Never-Dull!

Free from Hi Point: New 995 Stock, New Firing Pin w/ Springs, New Rear sight with front sight post. I also sanded/painted the breech bolt, compensator, and the charging handle. Got all the carbon off with CLP and got the rust off everything. Put a new Limbsaver on it and bought couple of new magazines. Aluminum trigger is on the way should go well with the chrome look.

Stainless7.gif

FoxHound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    San Antonio
    I'm not a fan of hi-points myself but everyone I know that owns one say that it just WORKS.
    It seems they also have decent customer service. They really send you all those replacement parts for free? Not bad, not bad.

Long_Shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    TX
    I'm not a fan of hi-points myself but everyone I know that owns one say that it just WORKS.
    It seems they also have decent customer service. They really send you all those replacement parts for free? Not bad, not bad.

The parts are free, I only pay for accessories (mags + comp). The warranty follows the gun, NOT the owner. Just finished up with the Aluminum trigger:

trigger1.gif

trigger2.gif

hglosson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Orange CO, CA.
    How to correct the FTF, FTE problem on both Hi Point pistol and carbine guns. I had found that after about 50 rounds I would get FTF and FTE problems. I spent a lot of time checking out the mags but it just did not make sense that they would work for 50 or so rounds and then cause problems. What I found was that the bolt face opposite the ejector had black paint on it. I cleaned off the paint and no more FTFor FTE.. I guess that the black paint and added carbon from 50 or so rounds caused the problem.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hi Point is planning on releasing extended factory mags for these later next year, a little secret not many know about. They made the magazines 10+1 to make them California/New York compliant. ProMag makes an extended mag for the 995TS(15+1). With the mag holder on the butt-stock and some practice, my magazine changes are about 2 1/2 seconds according to my range videos. That is 30 rounds down range in less than a few minutes without rapid firing.
    Realistically, you wont need more than 10 rounds for a self-defense weapon. The average shoot-out (in self-defense stories) is six rounds. It actually makes firing the gun a little more interesting because you take more time with your shots, which makes aiming better, instead of just rapid firing 30 rounds in less than a minute like I can with my KG-99 with 32 count magazines :' )

Nah, it was developed during the 94-04 federal ban. That rifle, as it sits, is illegal in CA and I suspect NY, no matter what magazine you sell it with.

Top Bottom