Hi-Point -- to buy or not to buy.

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by Wolfwood, May 14, 2009.

1. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009
    anyone have any personal experiance witht he hi-point 9 mm carbine?
    i picked one up and a shop the other day, (as in in my hands not purchased) and i like the feel, but after a little research it turned out to be one of those weapons that has a 50-50 love hate split among owners...
    what do you guys think?

2. boycan

boycan Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I don't know but I just bought a HP 9c for 75 bucks but it took me a few weeks to find some ammo so I haven't shot it yet. I do know they advertise a lifetime of the gun warranty up to three owners.

3. I hear the work. If you don't like it you can always sell it to some thug in da hood.

4. boycan

boycan Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I think mine came from some thug in the hood, do you think they may be that bad?:gotme:

5. Wolfwood

May 12, 2009
    might want to have the serials run through the bat computer but other than that its the current owner that matters.

6. Bear8u

Bear8u New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    San Angelo
    I have the 995 carbine and the C9. They are great fun to shoot and are pretty accurate right out of the box. They can be time consuming if you want to break them bown all the way but you won't need to do that for a long time. These guns were made to keeping on shooting with a simple cleaning between outings. Lifetime warranty and their service is great, some of the best I've delt with. I would compare them to the AK-47 for low maintinance and they keeping on going. If you find one at a decent price I recommend getting one, you'll not regret it.

7. Wolfwood

May 12, 2009
    nice. tats one vote for yes. any body else?

8. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I had one a few years back that I enjoyed. I viewed it as a plinker/critter control. Mine was quite accurate with the irons out to 50yds, which impressed me. I enjoyed mine quite a bit, but never did rely on it for any kind of defense weapon. If you just want some cheap fun (when ammo prices return to normal) it's a good way to go. Shoots kinda like a .22 with more noise and a bigger hole. If you're looking for a small carbine for a defense role I think there are better options out there.

I vote like this:

Yes for good cheap fun.
    No for a defensive rifle.

9. Rwking

Rwking New Member

May 15, 2009
    BEDFORD
    Hi Point

For my first post, I would say yes; I have the C-9 and it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. I will say this about it, it took about 500 rounds before it was broken in and stopped jamming.

10. jsbcats

jsbcats Member

May 4, 2009
    Kingwood
    Loved my hi-point carbine. Ugly as all get out tho. I quickly replaced the stock with this.

[​IMG]

Sold it to a buddy of mine when it became the last 9mm in my collection, but it was a blast to shoot.