• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    anyone have any personal experiance witht he hi-point 9 mm carbine?
    i picked one up and a shop the other day, (as in in my hands not purchased) and i like the feel, but after a little research it turned out to be one of those weapons that has a 50-50 love hate split among owners...
    what do you guys think?
    Guns International

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I don't know but I just bought a HP 9c for 75 bucks but it took me a few weeks to find some ammo so I haven't shot it yet. I do know they advertise a lifetime of the gun warranty up to three owners.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    might want to have the serials run through the bat computer but other than that its the current owner that matters.

Bear8u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    San Angelo
    I have the 995 carbine and the C9. They are great fun to shoot and are pretty accurate right out of the box. They can be time consuming if you want to break them bown all the way but you won't need to do that for a long time. These guns were made to keeping on shooting with a simple cleaning between outings. Lifetime warranty and their service is great, some of the best I've delt with. I would compare them to the AK-47 for low maintinance and they keeping on going. If you find one at a decent price I recommend getting one, you'll not regret it.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I had one a few years back that I enjoyed. I viewed it as a plinker/critter control. Mine was quite accurate with the irons out to 50yds, which impressed me. I enjoyed mine quite a bit, but never did rely on it for any kind of defense weapon. If you just want some cheap fun (when ammo prices return to normal) it's a good way to go. Shoots kinda like a .22 with more noise and a bigger hole. If you're looking for a small carbine for a defense role I think there are better options out there.

I vote like this:

Yes for good cheap fun.
    No for a defensive rifle.

Rwking

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    BEDFORD
    Hi Point

For my first post, I would say yes; I have the C-9 and it goes bang everytime I pull the trigger. I will say this about it, it took about 500 rounds before it was broken in and stopped jamming.

jsbcats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Kingwood
    Loved my hi-point carbine. Ugly as all get out tho. I quickly replaced the stock with this.

HIPointstockLG.0.jpg

Sold it to a buddy of mine when it became the last 9mm in my collection, but it was a blast to shoot.

SAND_MAN1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Loved my hi-point carbine. Ugly as all get out tho. I quickly replaced the stock with this.

HIPointstockLG.0.jpg

Sold it to a buddy of mine when it became the last 9mm in my collection, but it was a blast to shoot.

I've been thinking about picking one up in the future and that ATI stock would be a must to get as well. It's damn ugly without it.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Could it be compared the the Marlin Camp 9mm Carbine?
    I owned one of these years ago and sold it at a very , very nice profit but regretted it. Dam fine gun!!!

danny223

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2009
    san antonio
    anyone have any personal experiance witht he hi-point 9 mm carbine?
    i picked one up and a shop the other day, (as in in my hands not purchased) and i like the feel, but after a little research it turned out to be one of those weapons that has a 50-50 love hate split among owners...
    what do you guys think?
    anything from high point is crap , if its used its used crap , invest in major brand names , in the long run your better off.

broberts001

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Lake Jackson
    My friend has one. I am not very fond of it. I do not like the trigger pull, very rough (maybe it was dirty not sure). It shot OK but not great. Good plinker IMO for the price.

-Bryan

Amistad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2008
    San Antone
    I'm sure loving mine!

I bought it as an inexpensive weapon to keep in my pickup and it fits that role very well.

http://www.freshonmymind.com/bluegun/coolblue.jpg

I keep a fired-round count on each of my guns, "just for kicks." Just recently passed 1,700 rounds in this one. I shoot mostly my own handloads in it and though it is admittedly about as ugly as a gun could be, it hasn't missed a lick in the last thousand rounds or more...

An added thought -- who else makes a 9mm pistol that has an adjustable rear sight and a loaded chamber indicator for $150 or less?

Amistad

boycan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    North Dallas
    I bought it as an inexpensive weapon to keep in my pickup and it fits that role very well.

[url]http://www.freshonmymind.com/bluegun/coolblue.jpg[/URL]

I keep a fired-round count on each of my guns, "just for kicks." Just recently passed 1,700 rounds in this one. I shoot mostly my own handloads in it and though it is admittedly about as ugly as a gun could be, it hasn't missed a lick in the last thousand rounds or more...

An added thought -- who else makes a 9mm pistol that has an adjustable rear sight and a loaded chamber indicator for $150 or less?

Amistad

And a no questions asked lifetime warranty ;)

Top Bottom