• ...and so much more!
  • hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Lol

I do most of my shooting at the house where the target stands are wore out and the steel is in bad shape. But it's convenient so I let it slide :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm with you. The owner seems busy with other stuff, but she's got steel, 200yd range, lets me shoot however/whatever I want and when it's all over she always has a cold beer and a warm bed for me ;)
    Target Sports

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Yeah because they charge you by the hour up here.. I've been to most of the gun ranges in the Central and South Fort Worth area. Alpine doesn't charge you by the hour, but they are strict, you can't even shoot FMJ (seriously) ammo at their range or steel cases. All the other ranges are by the hour most frown on steel cases and they're all indoors. These people down in central and south texas don't know how good they have it.

Yup. in 2015 they weren't doing that as nothing was posted. I had people here from out of town so we did it again in 2016 (Nov). Drove all the way out there and BAM sings posted everywhere NO FMJ. WTF? So we shot out pistols, returned a bunch of stuff we had bought in their shop, packed up and left.

Cross Alpine off the list.

Then we drove the two plus hours back in traffic and construction. Got to another range that I told my guest was GTG and was treated like shit by a power tripping RO.

I would love to have a place here that has an organized way to look up ranges that have updated info. Would be thrilled! to participate in that forum!

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Yup. in 2015 they weren't doing that as nothing was posted. I had people here from out of town so we did it again in 2016 (Nov). Drove all the way out there and BAM sings posted everywhere NO FMJ. WTF? So we shot out pistols, returned a bunch of stuff we had bought in their shop, packed up and left.

Cross Alpine off the list.

Then we drove the two plus hours back in traffic and construction. Got to another range that I told my guest was GTG and was treated like shit by a power tripping RO.

I would love to have a place here that has an organized way to look up ranges that have updated info. Would be thrilled! to participate in that forum!

Defender Outdoors is by far the best range in terms of quality in fort worth. They let you shoot FMJ (no steel cases I believe) but they charge 25 bucks an hour for an 85 yard rifle range.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    http://www.rupert-idaho.com/departments/parks-and-recreation/recreation/gun-range/

Was laid over in Rupert Idaho getting a trailer repaired and went to their range. Totally free and even had a RO meet me out their when they weren't open to the public. Very nice range and a laid back RO. The city/county even gives free CHL classes at the range to county residents. Totally blew my mind the way things were run there.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    They also have the nicest gun range I have ever seen and a multi million dollar facility.

Neat. Never heard of it. Will never shoot there. I have my own multi million dollar range (Frisco Gun Club) that charges $17.50 on half days (not sure which one they are of the week anymore) that is INDOORS at 100 yards. Lot's of fail at that part of the range and too much to list. Pistol range is better.

I had taken my guests out to Alpine bc we are shotgun shooters too and they have a couple traps out there. So we "were" going to shoot everything and drop some coin there for a whole day. But when we saw their new rules we packed up and f'ing left pissed off never too return.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Neat. Never heard of it. Will never shoot there. I have my own multi million dollar range (Frisco Gun Club) that charges $17.50 on half days (not sure which one they are of the week anymore) that is INDOORS at 100 yards. Lot's of fail at that part of the range and too much to list. Pistol range is better.

I had taken my guests out to Alpine bc we are shotgun shooters too and they have a couple traps out there. So we "were" going to shoot everything and drop some coin there for a whole day. But when we saw their new rules we packed up and f'ing left pissed off never too return.

I get it but Frisco is like a 75 minute drive with no traffic for me. Unfortunately anything East of Arlington or North of the metro is too far of a drive.

Top Bottom