Venture Surplus ad

Hicksville peeps .... we'z gonna have a shooting victim!!! WOOT!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    I have a broke ps3 im thinking about bringing just to shoot. It dint work....but its my first one, and its first gen/backwards compatable. I'm really on the fence about this.

RickLovesBacon

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Austin
    I have a broke ps3 im thinking about bringing just to shoot. It dint work....but its my first one, and its first gen/backwards compatable. I'm really on the fence about this.

It is a highly sought after unit. What's wrong with it?

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Draining the oil, no problem.

I dropped the tranny pan and got maybe 2qts out. I'm guessing that's the tranny between the 2 pans?
    Do I need to drill a hole in the housing and drain from there?

neonenginefluids_zps6b92c1c2.jpg

The housing between the two is the bell housing. It covers the torque converter, which does have fluid in it (bell housing does not.) The transmission itself is mostly above the trans pan.

The torque converter can hold a couple quarts of fluid.

Don't forget the oil in the rear axle (if it's still there). That'll be a little more than a quart of thick, stanky stuff.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm pretty sure a few of us will be bringing a roll of that plastic wrap used to wrap pallets. After the tarp(s) are on, wrap it in the plastic wrap?

Bring a couple of those pallets, put them on the car, then wrap the car. Keeps the plastic and/or tarp off (most of) the metal so it won't get shredded, but you get everything wrapped for safety (giggity).

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

Power problem or something more serious. Video cards or whatever they have could probably be scavenged from other units to make it work. I would try to get it fixed. Backwards compatibility is the only bad thing about the PS3 and I bet they pull the same crap with the PS4.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    It is a highly sought after unit. What's wrong with it?

Sent from the Bacon isle at your local grocery store.

Power problem or something more serious. Video cards or whatever they have could probably be scavenged from other units to make it work. I would try to get it fixed. Backwards compatibility is the only bad thing about the PS3 and I bet they pull the same crap with the PS4.
    Hard Drive went out on me. Part of me wants to fix it because they don't make them anymore. The other part of me sees them all over the shelves every time I walk into the game x-change in cove and gets disappointed thinking maybe it isn't so special after all. lol

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Hard Drive went out on me. Part of me wants to fix it because they don't make them anymore. The other part of me sees them all over the shelves every time I walk into the game x-change in cove and gets disappointed thinking maybe it isn't so special after all. lol

If that's all, I'd be willing to possibly wheel and deal with ya on it. Hate to see it blown to pieces, especially after the asshats stole mine earlier this year.

Top Bottom