• ...and so much more!
  • Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Hey guys and gals. I think sometime early summer I'm gonna try to get a group together to go help out around the range for a day. I'm not sure just yet what exactly that will entail, but it could be anything from helping make new target stands to adding lanes. I know JD would at some point like to build a new building, so who knows-maybe we'll get a shot at helping out with that.

For now, I just need to know who can help with what? Do we have any steelworkers? Mechanics? Plumbers? Woodworker? Point and tell me what to do kind of people? If you have a skill or willingness to work that can in ANY WAY be beneficial to the range, speak up! Also, let me know if you have any tools of your trade that you can bring along. I'm going to be getting with JD around the 1st to let him know what type of labor we can offer him for a day and then see what he has that he needs/is willing to let us do to help expand the range. I'll start this and then keep a running list going as people volunteer. Don't worry if someone volunteers and they already do a trade that you can do. It never hurts to have people helping each other out!

Shotgun Jeremy - Construction Mechanic, General Labor; Mechanics Toolset and working hand tools are at my disposal.

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I don't have any mastered skills but I have tinkered in most. Happy to lend a helping hand and whatever tools I do have.

Pull Out Poster Child

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Welding, concrete, electrical. Got my tools and machines.

Yeah, i7f I see someone standing doing nothing, I suggest something to them. :green:

oh, dirt work too.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I am pretty good at every level of construction. Carpenter by trade but have experience in everything from dirt work to moving in and every step inbetween. Tools? Yeah. Just one......trailer full. I also can weld and turn a wrench. If I don't have the tools for something I probably can get my hands on it.

My only issue is scheduling. I travel for work and usually don't have a long lead time on when I will be home or away.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Oh!
    CDNN sponsored Robert Earl Keen at the big bash last month in Abilene.
    I honestly think we are the target audience.
    I'd love to have them on board.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    I think sometime early summer ...
    The sooner the better before it's blazin' hot.
    Of course that will depend on JD's planning / budget.

Will bring my incredible good looks, what few tools I have, and willingness to work - if I can make it.
    I wonder .... can Angie make the sammies? :p

(Just teasin' - no pressure)

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Some welding, no welder. Been a few years.
    Finish carpentry, have finish nailers and compressor but no chop saw.
    Circular saw, jig saw and can do most frameing.
    Can do dome wrenching but not many tools.
    Jack of all trades, master of some.

from a non-recovering coffeeholic

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I've done it all over the years and have a barn full of tools and machinery at my disposal. You guys all know its a 5-6 hour drive for me and my work hours are pretty tight so scheduling is the only potential roadblock. That said, I do work in industrial sales so I can also get good discounts on certain materials if we need anything in particular. I've been considering building some lexan blast shields for the firing line during the tannerite fun for quite awhile...maybe I'll actually go through with it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Done rough carpentry work, framing houses, and am decent enough. No Tim Taylor.

Got a Skill Saw and framing gun(if the seals ain't rotted from sitting), DeWalt drill, cordless impact for lag bolts if needed.

Can do dumb work also, but it's been a while and there may be lots of labored breathing and leaning over, lol.

Can weld. Ain't always pretty but it don't break. Got a welder but the trailer it's on is for moving around the property, wouldn't make it down the highway.

Can bring some thick mild steel plates for target construction. Would need to know how many in advance.

Schedule is iffy, on call every other weekend but will be there if I can. Even if ya just need a water boy and target tester.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    I've done it all over the years and have a barn full of tools and machinery at my disposal. You guys all know its a 5-6 hour drive for me and my work hours are pretty tight so scheduling is the only potential roadblock. That said, I do work in industrial sales so I can also get good discounts on certain materials if we need anything in particular. I've been considering building some lexan blast shields for the firing line during the tannerite fun for quite awhile...maybe I'll actually go through with it.

Come stay at my house. The doors are always open. It will half your drive.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2014
    Temple
    Hicksville is my weekly range so anything I can do to help. Don't have any professional skills but I worked construction for a few years. I know my way around one of those wooden stick things with the top heavy end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Hicksville is my weekly range so anything I can do to help. Don't have any professional skills but I worked construction for a few years. I know my way around one of those wooden stick things with the top heavy end.

Still got my slaves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsayloriii

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    H-Town, TX
    Jack of most trades, master of none. Dabbled in most things growing up but nothing professional. Can weld. Ain't pretty necessarily, but should hold. As long as it's not structural, I'd trust it with someone else's life. I'd trust my own life, but not others on structural. Mig (flux) only. Have welder, grinder, cordless drill, lots of basic tools. Excel at leaning on shovels, etc. Lol. Point me in the direction needed.

scgstuff

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Central Texas
    I am a decent general all arounder who learns fast. Have done most basic things and have drills, impact wrenches, skill saws, router, etc. And I have laborers, I mean teenagers, I can bring as well. Just need to know a timeframe to make sure we are in town.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Not sure what I can do for ya'll being an old gimp but, I'm a damned good Stupivisor.

Done design work, architectural and mechanical, paint and wallpaper, flooring, heavy equipment ops., some sheet metal and hard/heavy steel work, basic carpentry, misc. electric and plumbing. What do ya need help with? Just give me fair, advanced notice and I'll do what I can.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    I can volunteer my stepdad's welder, but he'll come with it. He's always told me my welding won't win any beauty pageants. We can both swing hammers, nail guns preferred. Have air tools and compressor and a good set of hand tools. Best part is I have a really strong back and don't mind sweating. Stepdad is also a heavy-equipment mechanic (or was, he's an A/C and paper pusher guy now).

Top Bottom