• ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    We went today.

First, I liked seeing the vendors doing well, lots of folks sitting at tables filling out paperwork.

Not near as busy today as yesterday, but the folks selling were still happy.

Good prices on AR magazines, got 10 Gen2 30 round no window PMags for $95.

Saw a NIB AR for <$600

Wide aisles made seeing the show easier than when it's at Conroe or Pasadena.

Typical High Caliber vendors there, except for the guys that sell all the Saiga and Russian stuff (not there).

Prices on ammo, with exception of .22, getting back close to normal.

Lots of cheap auto knives.

AR lowers <$100

Saw a CZ-75 in bright stainless steel, unhappy to see it has the same crappy single action trigger pull as the one herself has, also checked other CZ-75s and they seem to be delivering less than optimal trigger pulls these days.

Only saw on table with Tokorav's and he was asking $100 too much.

Book guy had a table of $10 books, got a couple of good deals from that.

Saw a few Ted Williams branded guns, have not seen that Sears product in such numbers in a while.

Overall a good show............

(Oh forgot to add, FREE PARKING :) Parked on the street next to the hotel parking parking garage--no meter charges on Sunday.)

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    What was the sub $600 AR15? That is an impressively good price.

It was an off brand (so many of those these days) and I can't remember. Typical M4clone style, cut/profiled barrel with front sight post, flat top upper with no rear sight, round hand guards, generic 6 position collapsible stock. Not as plain as a Sportical, but pretty basic. But it did come in a colorful box :)

If I remember correctly it was on a bigger vendors tables about 3 aisles from the right, closest section to the front doors.

rgwalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Houston Heights
    It was an off brand (so many of those these days) and I can't remember. Typical M4clone style, cut/profiled barrel with front sight post, flat top upper with no rear sight, round hand guards, generic 6 position collapsible stock. Not as plain as a Sportical, but pretty basic. But it did come in a colorful box :)

If I remember correctly it was on a bigger vendors tables about 3 aisles from the right, closest section to the front doors.

Thanks for the info. It is tough to build an AR for less than $600 these days.

Have you found one of those Charter Arms 9mm revolvers yet?

kozmic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    What was the sub $600 AR15? That is an impressively good price.

If it was the $569 (maybe was $579?), it was RRA - saw it too...

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Thanks for the info. It is tough to build an AR for less than $600 these days.

Have you found one of those Charter Arms 9mm revolvers yet?

Yes, I agree............however the good news is for the first time in history you can build a new AR for $600 or less!!

Don't think I have ever seen prices this low for parts, lowers, accessories, magazines, etc. Never bought a new PMag for less than $11 until that show.

We may be in the golden age of AR rifles in this country right now.

No I have not. A member here put me on a Taurus 9mm revolver. Did not like the price. The lady the gun was going to be a gift for got a Ruger LCR in .357 so the need is a lot less. She had a good stash of factory .38s for self defense and a bunch of my light reloads for practice with. (Waiting for her to want to get rid of her Sig P250 she can no longer use (due to injury) right now :) )

Top Bottom