• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotx86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Spring
    Fried food is bad for your cholesterol, greasy, red meats..but it's very much hereditary. The chest pains I would most definitely go get it checked. I hope you get better
    Military Camp

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    Thanks for all the comments. I've been taking fish oil and also take Q-10, I also just started taking krill oil and Cholestoff. I need to find a cheaper source for Cholestoff, it calls to take 4 a day but to save money I just take 2 a day. I watch my diet, I am at 165 lbs steady for a couple of years. I'll try to get a mountain bike again as that is my favorite exercise.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Cholesterol is regulated by hormones in the body just like sugars; it's metabolically regulated. There have been studies that show that eating one diet over another does nothing significant to raise or lower your cholesterol, in fact, there are some that have shown that eating large amounts of cholesterol laden food will reduce the amount your body produces and actually lower total cholesterol.

There's no significant correlation between diets high in cholesterol and heart disease either. There is a prevailing theory that politics, namely a pro-vegetarian Doctor, is what led to the Government recommendation to reduce cholesterol in diets and that high amounts of it were bad.

Something to think about ... not everything in the books is right tomorrow. I remember when eggs were chastised as killers.

+1 to the above.

You could try a no-flush Niacin supplement. Garlic seems to help, too.
    For the love of God, please don't poison yourself with any of the statin drugs. I took one for all of 2 weeks, I got to where I couldn't climb a flight of stairs. I immediately bailed on it, and don't really care what my cholesterol levels are. After that, I will never take a statin, again. Not to mention all of the negative things posted on the net about them. Not that they are necessarily right or wrong, but it does get you thinking.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    +1 to the above.

You could try a no-flush Niacin supplement. Garlic seems to help, too.
    For the love of God, please don't poison yourself with any of the statin drugs. I took one for all of 2 weeks, I got to where I couldn't climb a flight of stairs. I immediately bailed on it, and don't really care what my cholesterol levels are. After that, I will never take a statin, again. Not to mention all of the negative things posted on the net about them. Not that they are necessarily right or wrong, but it does get you thinking.

People have side effects from medications. Thats life. Thats statistics. If your going to stop a medication (any medication) perscribed by your doctor, you need talk to him/her. Not in year, not in six months. As soon as you can.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    As a person who has had two heart attacks and quadruple by-pass surgery, let me inform you that low cholesterol will not keep you from having heart problems. My total cholesterol count has always been low, normally around 100 combined. My problem is my HDL count is below normal at 28, where it should be above 40. HDL keeps the placque from attaching to the interior walls of your arteries and causing them to block up. Ten years ago I began having chest discomfort after any type of exertion, so I went to the doctor. They did all of the normal testing and lab work and told me I had Acid Reflux. Three months and two heart attacks later they decided it was my heart, and finally did the by-pass. Since my surgery I have read about studies the Army did on guys that were killed in Viet Nam. It seems a large number of 18 to 20 year old guys tested had already developed signs of blocked arteries from cholestrol. I highly recommend you seek medical attention concerning your chest pains. For your sake, I hope it is nothing more than Acid Reflux. Another bit of advice. Do not depend on the stress test procedures only. My stress test results showed no signs of interior heart problems. In fact the heart doctor told me I had the heart of a 23 year old male [I was 55 at the time]. My problem were the exterior arteries. An angiogram (sp?) clearly showed that four of my major heart arteries were 95% blocked. It turns out I did have Acid Reflex, but the early missed diagnosis almost cost me my life. I am alive today due to the miracle of modern medicines.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Pure Lecithin Powder Supplement

check it out man. i've been taking this, and it has improved my cholesteral, it also helps out with liver function and is great for the nervous system.

-- it also has some very awesome side effects that are a bit graphic and i wont go into here.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Dietary cholesterol has very little to do with blood cholesterol. Cholesterol is manufactured by your body.

Martin6600

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    USA
    Hello guys,..
    I am here to this forum.We should be control the high cholesterol in the body because cholesterol is very bad for heart diseases.
    If you want to keep control the cholesterol of the body than you should be eating the chocolate powder and paste.Jogging and
    running is the best for high cholesterol.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Dietary cholesterol has very little to do with blood cholesterol. Cholesterol is manufactured by your body.

I hate to raise threads from the dead but I figured this is a very important subject to weigh in on. What scrap says is almost right. In fact dietary cholesterol almost has an inverse effect on so called "bad cholesterol". The bad stuff is made by your liver and the less you eat the more generally speaking you have to make.

You don't want to deprive yourself of cholesterol. It makes up a good portion of our skin and is actually converted by sunlight into vitamin D. In addition the foods that contain lots of cholesterol (like eggs, milk and butter) also are great sources of tryptophan which the body needs to convert to serotonin which then converts to melatonin.

Just because cholesterol is found in artery plaque does not make it the cause by any means.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom