• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx
    I was checking this holster (title) out in the High Noon website. I was about to purchase it but thought I might want to see if any of you have an opinion on this type of holster. I currently have a Don Hume H710 that is outside the waist and from my little not licensed carry the other night and, from "being gay" as my wife says, walking around the house armed, I feel like i need something that conceals better, something a t-shirt will cover in the summer time.

Please help a noob out, I hate paying for stuff that is useless after I get it!

Thanks guys!
    Hurley's Gold

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Don't know about the Bare Asset but have a Split Decision that I have carried my XD9sc in for the last two years. It has held up well, comfortable too carry, and conceals well. I have been surprised with such an inexpensive holster. I also had a Don Hume JIT owb holster; just didn't work for me.

Dirt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Nowheresville, Tx
    ^^^i got to looking at that holster after I posted. Let me ask you, did you have to buy new jeans to adjust for the holster? Im just trying to figure out how that iwb will work in that aspect. I can absolutely see how the iwb conceals better, but I'd rather buy ammo that new jeans.

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Fortunately (maybe unfortunately depending on how you look at it) I had just lost about 40 lbs when I started carrying. Found out I had diabetes and got control of it quickly. Went from a 40" waist to 36" so new pants were needed. You need about an extra inch to carry IWB. My 36" are a loose fit and work well with the High Noon holster for XD's and D. M. Bullard Dual Carry for various 1911's. I have carried OWB with the Dual Carry and it works exceptionally well either way. The only con for the High Noon holsters is that once the gun is drawn the holster collapses and re-holstering is not exactly a one-handed operation. Not a huge issue but one that should probably be considered.

Top Bottom