• dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    HIGH SCHOOL – 1959 vs. 2009

Scenario 1:

Jack goes quail hunting before school and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.

1959 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.

2009 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario 2:

Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.

1959 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.

2009 - Police called and SWAT team arrives – they arrest both Johnny and Mark. They are both charged them with assault and both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:

Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.

1959 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2009 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:

Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1959 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college and becomes a successful businessman.

2009 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:

Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1959 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.

2009 - The police are called and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario 6:

Pedro fails high school English.

1959 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English and goes to college.

2009 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario 7:

Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up a red ant bed.

1959 - Ants die.

2009 - ATF, Homeland Security and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents – and all siblings are removed from their home and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario 8:

Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1959 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2009 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Byaah_19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    DFW
    That is awsome! Our society makes an excuse for everything. If a kid is too hyper he automatically had add and needs treatment. If a person is overweight they have an eating disorder which makes them that way. Here an idea... dicipline the kid and eat less and move more. People just cant take responsibility for their own actions anymore. Theres always a reason for why someone is the way they are. Last time I checked I can make my own decisions and effect my own destiny. I understand there are real diseases that people can not, but come on people be responsible for your own actions. I am 26 and just watch in amazement at how people raise their children to be a bunch of pansies. I have a 4year old and she is the most well behaved child ever. You know why? Because I put the fear of DADDY in her and dont let her get away half the stuff people let their kis do these days. If I had a time machine 1959 would be where I would go. The good ole days.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I'd go about 10 years closer to now...........69 Camaro, Mustang, Corvette. I'm torn about losing the Ipod, cell phone, computer, and internet. Can say 8-track?? It's not all roses. Seat warmers, electric mirrors, HID & LED lights? Decent HVAC system for your home? Don't forget homes were much smaller then, and microwaves were not around. People actually had to cook real food......I'd starve.

But it would be fun and I'd give it a go if it were possible. I would so some research on good stock picks before going.

lonewolf23c

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2008
    Idaho
    That is so true. Why can't we go back to the 1950's? Times were a lot simpler back then that's for sure. People now are so sue happy its unbelievable.

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    This is so sad but true,this countries morals have gone way down since then.I graduated back in 1961 and I can remember taking my rifle to school to go deer hunting after school,in fact the first day of deer season was a holiday because no one would be there including some of the teachers.All the principal would say was to make sure it was unloaded and keep it in your locker till school was out.Those were the days.sj

usmcpmi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Central Texas
    1969 would be fine with me. Any idea what a nice M-14/M-1A would cost back then? How about a gallon of real gasoline? remember the red stuff? We used to use it to wash parts in when working on the jeep. Didn't stink like the "gas" we have now. And what about when the sky was really blue....not just light blue or grey like it is now? Just makes me wonder what the hell is going on.....MG

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    Back in 1959 I worked part time after school at a local sinclair gas station and gas was $.19 cents a gallon.We used to give away s&h green stamps.Also the regular gas was 93 octane and what they called ethel was 97 octane,now you can't even get 97 octane.sj

Thor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N Central Texas
    I am 26 and just watch in amazement at how people raise their children to be a bunch of pansies. I have a 4year old and she is the most well behaved child ever. You know why? Because I put the fear of DADDY in her and dont let her get away half the stuff people let their kis do these days. If I had a time machine 1959 would be where I would go. The good ole days.

Just wait until she gets into the public school system and is taught to call 9-1-1 if her parents "abused" her. (spankings, etc)

The reason boys are so emasculated in today's world is all due to the public schools systems.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Just wait until she gets into the public school system and is taught to call 9-1-1 if her parents "abused" her. (spankings, etc)

The reason boys are so emasculated in today's world is all due to the public schools systems.

All the more reason to homeschool if you can!!

sjones

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    carrollton,texas
    You talk about punishment,My dad was a lifer marine and ex DI.He was also on IWO,GUADACANAL,and several others.Man when he said jump you better already in the air.Only another marine corp or army brat can know what I'm tallking about,but he's gone now and I sure do miss him,what I wouldn't give to have him back for just an hour.sj

Top Bottom