• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Decided to buy this at the gunshow since it was labeled incorrectly.I paid $399 for the NIB gun and when they tried to change the price I called them out on it.When I came back later they had another one priced at $529.Glad I saw it and stuck to my guns(sorry about the pun) about the price.Anyone know about these?I noticed the Armscor markings on the frame but was told it was made in Houston, Texas.
    pix775419562.jpg

Pawdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Lake Kimble, Texas
    Great find, and a good price! They are made by Armscor in the Phillipines, and are basically equal to the RIA models of similar design. You paid 2007, pre-election prices for yours, and it should be compatible with any standard 1911A1 parts if you decide to add upgrades.

I believe, from what I've read, the High Standard Co., is now based in Houston, though I haven't researched that fact personally.

Bullseye Shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Yep, High Standard is in Houston, www.highstandard.com. I sent them my Victor a while back to have all the springs replaced and reblued. They did a nice job, except they forgot to put the firing pin spring back in.

Their 1911A1 is a nice shooter but does not take well to Bullseye upgrades. The Springfield Armory 1911A1 is a better choice for that, if you're in to NRA Conventional Pistol matches.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Thanks for the info.I thought the frame was Armscor.I have RIAs and an STI with the same mark.Never heard of High Standard 1911's.I have some .22s that were made by them and they are hi quality guns.Just looked into the case and found the warranty card which goes to Armscor.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Armscor will put anybodies name on a gun. Their quality is OK. You gotta great deal.
    The new High Standard seems to be working towards good things. I'm looking forward to dealing with a Texas brand.

Top Bottom