• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grumper

TGT Addict
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I found this at the High Caliber show today:

ColtPython_zps2f32855d.gif

It was on consignment with a dealer and the price was smoking, so I had to have it. Already checked the timing and everything seems to be ok. According the serial # it was manufactured in 1977 and had Patridge target front sight and Elliason adjustable rear sight installed at the factory.

Has a few minor scratches and a very small pitted spot behind the cylinder release but otherwise in real good condition. Not sure what happened to the grips, they look like factory rubber grips but the medallion on one side is silver and the other side has a gold horsey medallion.

Might just order another silver medallion and glue it into the grip. The factory wooden Python grips are hella expensive, seeing a bunch for $250-300 on ebay. :beat:

But I got my grail revolver now and umm... spent waaaaaay too much money on gun stuff these last two weeks. :banghead:

At least the ones I got were collectibles that will only go up in value. :cool:
    ARJ Defense ad

Last edited:

rl96ss

Well-Known
    Feb 20, 2013
    CenTex
    Nice Python hope to own one of these days. Would love to pass one on to my son. I've been close hoping to find a deal, but the prices seem to keep climbing.

Hondo

Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Nice looking Python!

I see a dealer now and then at the DFW shows exhibits a Python in .41 mag. It's under glass with a big "not for sale" sign on it.

I have not asked too see it, I just assume it's a rechambering?

Last edited:

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Nice looking Python!

I see a dealer now and then at the DFW shows exhibits a Python in .41 mag. It's under glass with a big "not for sale" sign on it.

I have not asked too see it, I just assume it's a rechambering?

I've seen it. I've even had a guy with me ready to pay several thousand for it try to talk him out of it. Most likely though it's a bubba gun and rechambered. I know of three out there I tracked down while helping a buyer.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Nice gun. I coulda had one decades ago for hundreds of dollars. Still hurts when I see one these days.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom