• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Today was "Magnolia Days" in Columbus. My Son visited the old water tower museum on the Court House grounds. He said that the historical guns on display were covered with rust, mold and mildew. Has anyone ever visited this museum? I never have. I wonder who a person would contact to get it rectified?
    Target Sports

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Today was "Magnolia Days" in Columbus. My Son visited the old water tower museum on the Court House grounds. He said that the historical guns on display were covered with rust, mold and mildew. Has anyone ever visited this museum? I never have. I wonder who a person would contact to get it rectified?
    Has to be a curator!

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    10x10.gif

Columbus City Hall
    605 Spring
    Columbus, TX 78934
    Phone: 979.732.2366
    Fax: 979.732.8213

Columbus Chamber of Commerce:
    979-732-8385 or email Janet Hollmann.

Attachments

• 10x10.gif
      10x10.gif
      49 bytes · Views: 317

Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    50 some years ago when the DRT museum was located in the old Land Office building on the State Capitol grounds, they had a Colt Dragoon revolver in a display case.
    Not only was it deteriorating, but apparently loaded, as the nipples were capped! My acquaintance (a knowledgeable Colt collector) talked to the curator to inform her of the handgun’s status & condition, offering to unload and clean it on site.
    She turned him down cold.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    50 some years ago when the DRT museum was located in the old Land Office building on the State Capitol grounds, they had a Colt Dragoon revolver in a display case.
    Not only was it deteriorating, but apparently loaded, as the nipples were capped! My acquaintance (a knowledgeable Colt collector) talked to the curator to inform her of the handgun’s status & condition, offering to unload and clean it on site.
    She turned him down cold.
    I hope that doesn't happen here. I'm a member of the local VVA (Vietnam Veterans of America) and some of the members have some serious influence in town. I'm letting my son take first shot at correcting it. I will let everyone know how it turns out.

Top Bottom