• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    In this video I compare the German HK SP5K to the USA Zenith ZF5P (non MKE).

Does HK have the better welds and spot welds? Is HK worth the premium price? Which is a better value?

On my list for this year is a Centrury Arms MKE, to have 3 examples to compare later.

As of now, plan is for the HK to become an SBR, one to get a pistol brace, one to stay as a pistol.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Very nice dilemma! I had the MKE AP5-P and had to spend a couple hundred dollars extra to get her to run good, so figure that in. German magazines were key and HK OEM extractor pins, ejector, few springs. Now she is happy, likes NATO rounds, heavier loads. Can be expensive date.

nakatomi logo1.jpg

If you can afford the original, it's no contest.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Very nice dilemma! I had the MKE AP5-P and had to spend a couple hundred dollars extra to get her to run good, so figure that in. German magazines were key and HK OEM extractor pins, ejector, few springs. Now she is happy, likes NATO rounds, heavier loads. Can be expensive date.

View attachment 425372

If you can afford the original, it's no contest.

I was going to buy the MKE but, on Thanksgiving night I saw the Zenith for $1,200 and Made in the USA, so figured I would get it as it was priced comparable to the MKE and used to be their importer.

I had the SP5K and a bunch of accessories to one day do a SBR. ETS mags were junk, I have 1 left of 3, the lips broke. I do have a bunch of HK mags, MKE, and some other metal ones, along with one from Zenith. So far just the ETS was a failure, not sure of the Zenith yet.
    The brand I don’t know and the MKE are close to the HK mags, only HK’s are smooth perfect vs others have weld marks.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Probably going to SBR the HK and put a brace on the Zenith. Later get a Century Arms MKE and leave it as a pistol.

IMG_4147.jpeg

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Sent my Zenith back in for warranty repair as it had failures to feed. Free shipping and repair was nice. Debated doing it myself. Have yet to shoot it since repair, but fit and finish is way better than the MKE I got in, and close enough to the HK for less than half the price.

Top Bottom