• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have had trouble with an HK MP5A5 .22 that I bought in January. It has made 2 trips to the range and fired about 350 rounds total. Immaculately cleaned after the first trip.

After about 100 rounds a round exploded in the receiver. The bolt is stuck halfway in the cycle. My best guess is that it fired out of battery. I contacted Umarex about warranty. They offer a 90 day warranty, but you must produce a computer printed receipt! I have the original receipt from a dealer, but it is not computer printed. I sent them a copy to see if it is still eligible and have not heard back.

It is troubling that a manufacturer would only offer a 90 day warranty, and then place conditions on it. Umarex is not impressing me very much at this point.

I have never had a lick of trouble with my 10/22, ever...
    Military Camp

michael e

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Houston
    I can't think of a computer printed receipt I have ever recieved for a gun. And only 90 days is crappy, hope they cover it for you.

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Good luck to you, I really hope Umarex will stand by it.

It's too bad that neither of the .22 MP5s couldn't have been made a bit more robust.

I got rid of my ATIs due to their light-weight construction and when I looked at the HK, I found it to be quite similar.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I emailed a copy of my receipt to Umarex. They said that it was NOT sufficient. Umarex said that they will require a copy of the 4473 to warranty the gun, with the approval number. The receipt had a store name and address pre-printed on it. The name of the salesman, the phone number for the store, which has a nice storefront.
    What a load of crap. Umarex will never see a penny of my money again. Full on failure, in less than 400 rounds.

I recommend that anyone else considering a Umarex purchase to look elsewhere.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    It's sad that companies can't invest in making quality .22s. It's equally sad that everyone expects .22s to be $100 because the ammo is cheap.

I don't own a .22 1911 anymore because no one makes a quality one.

Rentz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    Dfw
    hmm this is making me rethink buying one of these. I was getting ready to lay down the cash for a new 22 range toy and really wanted this.
    But 90 day warranty? that stinks

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Stick with 10/22s, MKIIIs and Buckmarks, build them out to your desired style and never look back. I find it laughable that gunsmiths and engineers ever even think about constructing a gun capable of firing out of battery. That should be rule #1 in gun design. Any gun ever worth a hoot has that integrated into how it functions. The 10/22 bolt won't even allow the hammer to strike the firing pin unless it is in full battery or really close to it. I am surpised that walther and umarex are able market those crap designs without getting their pants sued off ! Sorry to hear about your problem, Thanks for sharing.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Umarex replied again. They claim to have mistakenly told me 90days, and that they meant that there was a one year warranty. Umarex does insist that my hand printed receipt is not a valid proof of purchase.

Umarex has requested a copy of the 4473 form as proof of purchase. Does anyone else think that this is an unreasonable request?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Umarex replied again. They claim to have mistakenly told me 90days, and that they meant that there was a one year warranty. Umarex does insist that my hand printed receipt is not a valid proof of purchase.

Umarex has requested a copy of the 4473 form as proof of purchase. Does anyone else think that this is an unreasonable request?

Shit yeah it is. I would provide it to get it fixed, then get rid of the pos.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    What about the manufacture date of the rifle??? Ask them when it was built and then if less than a year old ask them why a receipt would be needed if it is not yet a year old? Sadly I had to use that logic on a company once... year warranty on an item that had issues when it was 8-9 months old... HELLO, if their product was BUILT less than 12 months ago there is ZERO way it could be "out of warranty"... some people are so dense when it comes to customer service...

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    According to the Umarex website:
    UNITED STATES CUSTOMERS:
    Call Umarex USA (479) 646-4210 and ask for the Service Department. If it is determined a return is necessary, you will be issued a Return Authorization Number. Write this number boldly on the box. Include your name, address, phone number and original receipt with the product. Return prepaid to:
    Umarex USA
    Attn: Service Dept
    7700 Chad Colley Boulevard
    FORT SMITH, AR 72916
    CANADA CUSTOMERS:
    For Warranty Repair: Please call Umarex USA Service Dept (479-646-4210 X7) to receive a Return Authorization (RA) number. You will then be provided with the address of an authorized repair facility in Canada. Shipping charges to the repair facility are not covered under warranty. Shipping charges from the repair facility back to the consumer are listed in the warranty documents included with the gun. A check for the appropriate amount of S&H must accompany the gun to the repair facility. A copy of your original computer generated purchase receipt (no hand written receipts), a note detailing the particular issue with the gun, and your contact information is to be included with the package. Please write the RA# on this note and on the outside of the package.
    For Non-Warranty Repair: Consumers may contact the repair centers listed below for servicing of Umarex USA airguns.

It looks like the people at Umarex do not know what their company policies are! Only Canadians must supply a computer printed receipt. I guess they think Texas is part of Canada!

The original hand written receipt should be sufficient. I still have not received an RMA. They contacted to business that sold me the gun and verified that I purchased it there.

Umarex buyer beware.

Top Bottom