Capitol Armory ad

HK P30 .40 S/W with Decocker / Safety (HK P30S)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    We got in the first shipment of .40 S&W HK P30S's at work finally. My first impression of them is that they are finally a "finalized" P30 design, however I have one complaint. The P30 has such an effective layout in it's overall design and is easily the most ergonomic pistol on the market, but HK has blundered in one aspect; the safety does not decock like the USP and HK45 series pistols. This seems like a simple issue right? Well ... that now adds a tally of mag release, decocker, slide release, and safety that's on the gun, most of which are ambidextrous. There are so many buttons on the gun that it has become counter intuitive, and that's coming from someone who both loves and has worked with HK pistols for the past few years. God forbid that a newbie get this thing and try to remember on the fly what button does what.

If HK would have essentially built the benefits of the P30 frame, with the functionality of the HK45 ... they would have built the best polymer gun on the market ... ever. Instead, they have proven to be HK and omitted things and changed things in what should have been eeriely similar to the HK45, but turned out to be a 9000 page operation manual'd German engineer's wet dream, go figure.

I swear if HK built a 1911 they'd find a way to add more shit to it.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    Texas1911, thanks for the update. What is the retail price for the .40S&W P30S? Any word on when the 9mm version will be available?

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Texas1911, thanks for the update. What is the retail price for the .40S&W P30S? Any word on when the 9mm version will be available?

We have ours for $860 ... so the price seems to be the same as the 9mm model. The 9mm P30S model should be out soon, if not already. It's kinda hard to get ahold of the P30 at times.

jgedmond

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Spring
    Yeah, I hear you on the availability of HK's and their fuzzy timing on new product introductions.

I have been waiting for the P30S in 9mm for several months now because I want to stick with one pistol caliber. I have a P30, but like cocked and locked for carry and will sell it for a P30S when I can get one.

While I understand your comment about the controls, I am not concerned with too many levers as I am a left-handed, detail kind of guy and can adapt to what I am using at the time. However, given my druthers, I would prefer that HK put the decock on the safety lever so that the manual of arms was more like the USP pistols.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I'm guessing the reason for a separate decocker and safety is to allow for C&L carry. With the decocker on the rear of the slide, the confusion over the function of the controls seems less of an issue. That said, I wouldn't want one with a safety. Is the .40 offered without safety?

pwraudio1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Southeast TX
    What part of Texas are y'all located? And other than the P30S do you have the P30 40S&W in model M734001A5 DASA? Or a LEM model P30 40S&W model M734002A5?

Top Bottom