• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott_F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    I think the most outstanding feature on this fine weapon is the lack of muzzle flip/recoil reduction. I have 45's 40's and 9's and the USPc45 compares favorable with my best 9mm (Sig P226). Granted I'm talking about the muzzle flip, getting back on target thing. Sure the P226 is like a pea-shootin' tack driver that has very little perceived recoil and obviously the 45 has more recoil. But the ability to get both pistols's front sights back on target quickly about the same is mind blowing to me.

This USPc came with the LEM trigger, even though I had ordered V1 from Clydes. (I guess they upcharge for the LEM). 3 mags, night sights, nice package. I decided to keep it and I'm really glad I did. I thought I really wanted that safety (mostly for reholstering now that I think about it... my main complaint about my Glocks). Now I just keep my thumb on the hanmmer when reholstering. Adding the safety doesn't seem to be worth the 200 bucks or so to send it back.

The LEM trigger really rocks my world. I guess that's the 2nd most impressive feature on this pistol (to me). Very short reset when compared to my Sigs and about equal to my Glocks.

It's my carry piece now these past few weeks and will be for a long time to come. I handled an HK 45c at the range today, didn't shoot it, just grabbed it for feel. Nice weapon, just didn't do more for me than the USPc45.

Buy one, you'll love it. (Oh yeah, it's accurate as hell. Any mistakes are definitely my fault.)
    Guns International

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    You've got to love the HK's. They have inovative engineering, and the quailty is rock solid.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    I had a USPc .45 in a V7 (DAO). It was a great gun until I had to deal with HK over a broken trigger bar.

HK; good guns, crappy company.

Other than that, enjoy your gun!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I had a USPc .45 in a V7 (DAO). It was a great gun until I had to deal with HK over a broken trigger bar.

HK; good guns, crappy company.

Other than that, enjoy your gun!

I believe that is old news. The last several years they have really improved their customer service. At least the two experiences I've had with them were very pleasant, and beyond what I expected.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Glad your happy with it. I just wish they had a normal mag release.

I find their mag release, especially on the newer models, to be perfect. I don't have to reindex my hand on the gun, and mag changes are so much smoother than with my Glock (even with the extended mag release).

Different strokes for different folks though. The older model has a tiny release, and it's hard to find under stress.

Scott_F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    Believe it or not, I really like the ambi release on my USP's. Especially the full sized. The compact is pretty small, I'll give you that. Hopefully, 9 rounds will be enough to save my sorry butt if needed.

Top Bottom