• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ballbandit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    went to the lease last Sunday with my son who is on spring break . hunted that evening he lines up two hogs both around 150 pound one shot two hogs down. cleaned hogs till 10:30 next morning he is sitting in the stand another group comes in he shoots one and they all run off, one comes back for a second look and he drops it . two more hogs to clean. love hunting with my son.

kfc903

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Waco, TX
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363324047.255218.jpg

My dad and I shot these in January. I killed mine with my new 7mm-08, and he killed his with a .348 WIN.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    pops has some nice rifles, but alas he is not a hunter,
    But i still want to learn to skin a hog, even more i want see if my 30-30 would the do the trick?

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    pops has some nice rifles, but alas he is not a hunter,
    But i still want to learn to skin a hog, even more i want see if my 30-30 would the do the trick?

I've killed a couple of hogs (~80-100lbs) with my Winchester 30-30. No problems, dropping them where they stood. I've seen one (game camera) that should be 200+, that I hope I come across one of these days.

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    went to the lease last Sunday with my son who is on spring break . hunted that evening he lines up two hogs both around 150 pound one shot two hogs down. cleaned hogs till 10:30 next morning he is sitting in the stand another group comes in he shoots one and they all run off, one comes back for a second look and he drops it . two more hogs to clean. love hunting with my son.

Congratulations on the quality time you spent with your son.

Paul5388

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Rusk County
    I would assume there wouldn't be a problem with using the same method we use on deer. Hang it by the head and make all of the cuts for the skin to pull off. Tie a rock in the hide up on the neck and attach the rope to a vehicle. Just drive and the skin comes off! Here's a deer we skinned that way, with my Mule.

Muleskinnersm.jpg

Top Bottom