• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    I won't be able to go until about Feb. So I'm going to keep looking for a better deal but the last place is looking realy good for a paid hunt.

That one does look good and reasonably priced. It's looking like the earliest I will be able to get out is Dec. I'll keep looking as well.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I like the second one better the Langly Ranch. They seem to be a little easier to get along with. and $1 a pound is better that a trophy fee. I sent them some info and I'm waiting to hear back from them to get some more specific questions answered. But I'll update when they call or email me back. My wife would even be willing to go and I'd like her to pop a piggy cause then she'll be hooked to.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The second one is $150 per person this link should have the pricing on the page it directs you to.
    [url]http://www.texaswildhoghunting.com/services.html[/URL]
    The first one I posted has pricing on that link or on that site at least.
    I'm going to try and save up enough to go on this or some other hunt but like I said it might be half way threw next year before I can go if I get the funds together.
    And another thing to keep in mind is tips for the camp staff if they skin and quarter your kill you will be paying a minimum of $20 and throw a $10 (or so I'm not sure what is considered a good tip) and food and drinks for a day or two as well plus the fuel to get there and hunting licenses etc... So I would plan on it costing me about $300 or so for me and $300 or so for my wife and about $50-$90 in fuel for about $650-$690 for the two of us. I'm also quite a ways away from there and don't plan on shooting anything big enough to rack my bill up but you must go prepared so that if you happen to pop something that is bigger than you thought you're covered to pay for it. But if you look into something in a farming community you might be able to shoot pigs for free. That's why I'm still looking.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    That link looks pretty good, a 500lb hog though holy Shi%. Thats one big mother. And 20.00 for all the dirty work sounds well worth it .

What time distance is this from the Houston Spring area? They don't have a physical address listed. So couldnt gps it.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    The ONLY place to go hog hunting is at Extreme Hog Hunts. Gabe will go above and beyond to make sure you have agreat hunt. There is no "trophy fees", no size limit or number of hogs allowed to be taken. You can take 20, 200lb hogs if you can kill that many and fit them in your truck, LOL. You can stab them with a knife or shoot them with a gun. He will take you on a 4 wheeler or a Mule type 4 wheeler. He is such a good guy, I wouldnt pay to hunt hogs ANYWHERE else.

I am not related to them nor do I gain a penny by suggesting them. I do it because it is the best money Ive spent on a hog hunt and I want ya'll to have then best hunt possible and this is it.

[url]http://www.extremehoghunts.com/[/URL]

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    The ONLY place to go hog hunting is at Extreme Hog Hunts. Gabe will go above and beyond to make sure you have agreat hunt. There is no "trophy fees", no size limit or number of hogs allowed to be taken. You can take 20, 200lb hogs if you can kill that many and fit them in your truck, LOL. You can stab them with a knife or shoot them with a gun. He will take you on a 4 wheeler or a Mule type 4 wheeler. He is such a good guy, I wouldnt pay to hunt hogs ANYWHERE else.

I am not related to them nor do I gain a penny by suggesting them. I do it because it is the best money Ive spent on a hog hunt and I want ya'll to have then best hunt possible and this is it.

[URL="http://www.extremehoghunts.com/"][url]http://www.extremehoghunts.com/[/URL][/URL]
    Looks like fun to me, but I used to hunt pigs with dogs and knives. I think I'd have a hard time getting my wife to charge a pig with a knife tho. LOL! Do they do regular hunts without the dogs you know just Gods country and a good rifle? When/if I go on this hunt my wife will be going on her first hunting trip and trying for her first pig or first anything for that matter. She has already told me she won't be doing the dog/knife combo last night when me and my cousin were talking about it.

sig556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    500 for 4 people does not seem too bad, it would probably be cheaper without the dogs.
    I found a place in Dale which is East of Lockhart. It's 100 perperson no trophy fees and unlimited kills. Not much listed in the post. I would not want to have everyone buy in on this place and have it be no good. I am going to talk to the guy Friday and go check out the place. If it seems promising I'll let you guys know and we can go from there.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Yep. They'll hunt however you like, pretty much.
    What's the "pretty much"? Do they do gun or knife only or bow only if you don't use the dogs? I'd be interested in going simply based on your reference. People don't give references like that without a good reason. But If they don't do regular hunting (stand, spot and stalk, etc...) then it would be hard on a first time hunter to get anything out of it. I'm more worried about her getting a pig on this hunt than me so as long as she gets a chance to put one down I'll be happy. ;) Thanks for the link and the reference to BTW it's always good to have a reputable reference on these kinds of things.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    500 for 4 people does not seem too bad, it would probably be cheaper without the dogs.
    I found a place in Dale which is East of Lockhart. It's 100 perperson no trophy fees and unlimited kills. Not much listed in the post. I would not want to have everyone buy in on this place and have it be no good. I am going to talk to the guy Friday and go check out the place. If it seems promising I'll let you guys know and we can go from there.
    Another good leed. but remember all the land owners doing this sell pigs as a business so they always have "100 pig herds runnin round here in the middle of the night sounds like a D9 tearing the trees up heee heee hee, etc..) so try and find proof of everything he/she says. Let us know.

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    I have a place in N. Texas in Farmersville. I have plenty of hogs!!! I rifle hunt and dog'em. Anyone in N. TX that wants a hog hit me up and I'll take you out. I usually go with the wife or by myself so I have room for a few.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    I have a place in N. Texas in Farmersville. I have plenty of hogs!!! I rifle hunt and dog'em. Anyone in N. TX that wants a hog hit me up and I'll take you out. I usually go with the wife or by myself so I have room for a few.

How far north is north?

Remember those of us south of I-10 consider Intergalactic (IAH) airport north Texas

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras
    What's the "pretty much"? Do they do gun or knife only or bow only if you don't use the dogs? I'd be interested in going simply based on your reference. People don't give references like that without a good reason. But If they don't do regular hunting (stand, spot and stalk, etc...) then it would be hard on a first time hunter to get anything out of it. I'm more worried about her getting a pig on this hunt than me so as long as she gets a chance to put one down I'll be happy. ;) Thanks for the link and the reference to BTW it's always good to have a reputable reference on these kinds of things.

He'll do spot and stalks but I dont think he has any stands set up. I do know he will bust his ass to put you on hogs. Theyve got around 16,000 acres to hunt total but usually hunt certain tracts at certain times. I dont know any more than all this. Your best bet would be to give him a call and set something up. I do know that hes had a run of people bailing on him lately so Im sure hes ready to get some folks out there. Good luck!

Oh yeah, I think the price is the same with or without dogs.

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras

I'd love to go shoot some with you when I get back from out of town around christmas. I'll drop you a message then. Thanks for the open offer!

Top Bottom