• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    I have more than enough hogs running around to shoot. Any of you guys with night vision will get prime pickins. I've dog'em pretty hard the last 2 months but they still are dumb enough to come out in the open fields. I have a 3-4 man wooden hut with a feeder setting 100 yards or so away. As long as the you stay down wind and have a little patience they will come out.
    They are pretty smart but not overly intelligent. If your wanting some for meat, I'd wait till the first good freeze. I'm not a pro hogger by any means but I know where the are and how to get to come to a spot. I think these guys sellin hog hunts are half the reason we are covered up so bad. The hog aren't so bad to ranchers but us plow boys get the stink end of the stick. I personally like people to take the hogs off my place FOR FREE. They have completely ruined the quail, turkey and ran of most of the deer.
    Military Camp

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I have more than enough hogs running around to shoot. Any of you guys with night vision will get prime pickins. I've dog'em pretty hard the last 2 months but they still are dumb enough to come out in the open fields. I have a 3-4 man wooden hut with a feeder setting 100 yards or so away. As long as the you stay down wind and have a little patience they will come out.
    They are pretty smart but not overly intelligent. If your wanting some for meat, I'd wait till the first good freeze. I'm not a pro hogger by any means but I know where the are and how to get to come to a spot. I think these guys sellin hog hunts are half the reason we are covered up so bad. The hog aren't so bad to ranchers but us plow boys get the stink end of the stick. I personally like people to take the hogs off my place FOR FREE. They have completely ruined the quail, turkey and ran of most of the deer.

I'm sure I could get at least two people that I personally know one's the guy in the Army my wife and I would love to help you pop the pigs off your place. I think I have some time off coming up around new years. LOL!
    Seriously tho I could afford to go if I'm not paying to shoot the pigs. Thanks again for the offer. That is a hard offer to find.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    You guys let me know, i have gen 3 pvs 14, pvs 7's someone else could use, Ir spot lights, and a suppressed .223.

I would be in on going.

The car in the picture is over 100 yards away and the scope is only on 3.5x

CanonSD450012-1.jpg

sig556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    You guys let me know, i have gen 3 pvs 14, pvs 7's someone else could use, Ir spot lights, and a suppressed .223.

I would be in on going.

The car in the picture is over 100 yards away and the scope is only on 3.5x

CanonSD450012-1.jpg

Now we are talking about some fun. BTW Thanks for letting me shoot the suppressed 223 at the Austin shoot.

mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    I would love to join any groups,
    i have a MIGHTY NEED to bloody my rifle (and myself for i art a hunting noob)

anywho Im up and im sure those that came with me to the shoot would love to come too.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    1. I have heard conflicting things about the suppressors ( I had a dealer tell me you could) however in the outdoor annual I swear I read that Suppressors, full auto's, and Laser devices are NOT allowed

2. The blind is a 15 foot high blind, it was behind me in that shoot up that road. There were mesquite tree's on each side of the road and about a 15 foot gap id say. Where I am standing and facing in the pic opens up to a rather large field. I happened to be looking through my scope at some small deer at the feeder and I saw movement. I turned the scope to 15x and looked down the road and saw the pigs face on the left side of the road. He then stepped out and paused for about 10 seconds. I was going to let him go and see if he would come to the feeder. I then look at the feeder and it was caged in on all sides with about 20'x20' fence. (no way hogs or cows could get in this thing) i realized the feeder couldn't kick corn outside of this fence either. This is when I decided to take the shot because I assumed the pig was just crossing the road on the way back to his wallows.

The pig started a very slow walk across the road. I held on his shoulder, adjusted my scope 1moa up and pulled the trigger. The pic looks like he was hit in the upper back but that is just blood. The bullet went in right over his shoulder and he dropped instantly. 165grn nosler Ballistic Tip with 44.5 4895.

3. Big that is actually not the same road. I said above how fortunate I am to have access to my friends ranch but there are miles of roads out there. I am not sure how many miles squared 3500 acres are.. But it seems like it is at least a few.. ?

Next trip we are going bait the same spot we had the target at for long range. I know my drop at that range with the .308 and the wind has to be pretty bad to really move it. I also have a night vision scope attachment that goes on the nightforce so we are going to go to work on them from far enough back that if we are on we can probably take a few.

You CAN NOT hunt any game animal in Texas with a suppressor. The fact that you say you were deer hunting and shot the pig and are pictured with a suppressed rifle might cause you some grief at some point.

It is legal to hunt exotics{ pigs, axis deer, etc} with a can, but no game animals.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I see what you are saying but go back through my very descriptive post about how I shot the pig out of a blind with my scope on 15x ... WITH MY .308 Winchester at over 200 yards away while I was deer hunting.

Notice the picture was taken at night... look on the top of my ar-15.. it is open sights NO scope. And the picture was taken at night. I did not shoot an ar-15 at 250 yards in the dark for a perfect kill shot on a pig with a .223 open sights.

I shot the pig and we drove back after the sun set in a truck large enough to haul the pig back to camp, I was with 4 people that night and im sure all of them will back me up on that statement. I brought the ar-15 because the coyote's are so bad out there I needed a varmint gun if we showed up and the pig was covered in yotes..

I see how you are confused because of my post. I was answering two different questions almost at the same time, and the picture shows me with an ar-15 not a deer rifle. However again this is after sun down, after i left the blind, returned to camp, and then returned to the blind where I shot the pig.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I see what you are saying but go back through my very descriptive post about how I shot the pig out of a blind with my scope on 15x ... WITH MY .308 Winchester at over 200 yards away while I was deer hunting.

Notice the picture was taken at night... look on the top of my ar-15.. it is open sights NO scope. And the picture was taken at night. I did not shoot an ar-15 at 250 yards in the dark for a perfect kill shot on a pig with a .223 open sights.

I shot the pig and we drove back after the sun set in a truck large enough to haul the pig back to camp, I was with 4 people that night and im sure all of them will back me up on that statement. I brought the ar-15 because the coyote's are so bad out there I needed a varmint gun if we showed up and the pig was covered in yotes..

I see how you are confused because of my post. I was answering two different questions almost at the same time, and the picture shows me with an ar-15 not a deer rifle. However again this is after sun down, after i left the blind, returned to camp, and then returned to the blind where I shot the pig.

Good enough, my misread.

And an AR platform is most certainly a deer rifle, I have dropped 12 this year with my LR308{ MLDP hunting}

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    Wheres all my hoggers at! I been hit pretty hard the past month so you guys that want to get a few hogs come on. All my friends and fam are tired of hunting them. I don't go back to work til Feb. and need as many hogs killed off as I can get before I plant this next season.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Wheres all my hoggers at! I been hit pretty hard the past month so you guys that want to get a few hogs come on. All my friends and fam are tired of hunting them. I don't go back to work til Feb. and need as many hogs killed off as I can get before I plant this next season.

Mark me down. Same questions Where are you located at and when is the best time?

Y2bad4U

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    polk County

Man I am down. Let me try to work some stuff out to get up there and go with you. Can I bring a friend or two? Any restrictions?

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Man, we're gonna have about 10-11 days to chase game. My primary objective is hunting down this sly little coon.........after that, I'll concentrate on pigs. Maybe one day I can talk my wife into a TGT shoot & hunt at the ranch.........so many liability issues...

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom