• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    Well ladies I spent the better part of 30 min. in a tree today. I went to bait my traps and got my old Dodge stuck in a hog wallow. I walked 3 miles to get the tractor and unstick the old goat. I parked the truck and walked a few hundred yard to the trap. I had 2 50 pound bags of sweet feed so I didn't have a gun with me. I baited 1 trap and went to pour the rest of the bag out on a trail. I was walking back to my truck and out came the hogs! I knew better than to try and make it to the truck so I took off to the closest tree. I sat for 30 min. in the tree till the heard of 35 moved on. I never have a camera when I need one or a gun!

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    Yeah I do sometimes but they are VERY shy of white lights. Red works pretty good. I guy I know that runs the Bullet Trap come out with night vision stuff. I need to put up some red game lights at the feeders.

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    I was looking into building a motion set up. If you wanna hunt in the day, I use my RRA m4, 55gn NBT, open sights. Or a 18.5 in. 12 gauge with some 00 buck. I can get you up close and personal if you like to track and stalk. The scoped rifles are good but not so much in the thick. Id pick out a rig for the brush and a rig for the open. Ive shot em over 100 yards with a .223 but like my 30-06 a lot better at distance.

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    Man I am down. Let me try to work some stuff out to get up there and go with you. Can I bring a friend or two? Any restrictions?

I'm pretty laid back on whatever you wanna do. All I ask is to take the trash you bring and be a responsible hunter. If you kill it you eat it and NO shooting the cats, unless one is going to make you lunch. As long as you had fun and leave a light footprint its all good.

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    Heres a pic of my deer field. I planted oats and wheat last year and put up the feeder in Sept.
    PICT0436.jpg

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    I got a pic from the guy 5 miles up the road that he got from his feeder cam. A cougar came up to the feeder and took the buck he had his eye on... LOL Great pic !!!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I got a pic from the guy 5 miles up the road that he got from his feeder cam. A cougar came up to the feeder and took the buck he had his eye on... LOL Great pic !!!
    You must post that pic! PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? LOL! I bet that is an awesome pic. Anyway I would like to make it up that way with my wife and possibly an uncle if that's alright with you? I'll try to pm you my Email. I'm the same As high cap I love yote bustin and I usually wind up with pockets full of other peoples trash by the time I get back to my truck.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    No Problem I'm looking into weather or not I have the funds to go or not. I'm not sure if I need a tent, hotel room etc... so once I get all the details hammered out (and ask my wife's permission) or if I'm going because I still haven't talked to Sean Bart1 about it yet. I'd love to do some yote calling it's been a while. LOL!

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Those are some really cool cats. I've only seen two in person. As for the cattle killings, that is a little more in the putty tats expertise that the yotes if it's a full size hefer, steer or bull.

sig556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Austin
    Wheres all my hoggers at! I been hit pretty hard the past month so you guys that want to get a few hogs come on. All my friends and fam are tired of hunting them. I don't go back to work til Feb. and need as many hogs killed off as I can get before I plant this next season.

I would like to get in on this as well. I have tons of time on my hands now that I am jobless, it also would help to put some meat in the freezer. If you have something set up with some of the other people on the forum can I join in the fun, or I can come out whenever. Shoot me a email Eric.forney@yahoo.com

ftw13

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Fort Worth
    My bud jake75 and i will rid you of hog problems for free....AKs,SKS and ARs used=a lot of dead hogs. have arsenal will travel. would like to hunt at least once a month

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well My wife and I will be headed out to Sean Barts place in about a week. I cant wait to shoot a pig or three. I just realized tho. We aint got no where to stay. Sean are there any motels near there or do I need to bring camping gear?

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    The Holiday Inn Express is approx $100 per night and very close to Cracker Barrel if you want a tasty breakfast. Also, the moon phase calendar shows quarter moon, so a good flashlight may be in order. I didn't check moonrise/set times.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    I almost forgot, the highs for this weekend are around the freezing mark. The lows are in the teens. If you dress appropriately, you should have fun. If you don't dress warm enough.......it can be miserable.

Top Bottom