• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    The Super8 motel is approx $70, but it will probably be worth the extra to stay at HIE.....

You'll have to ask Sean how many will be there (not sure if that was directed towards me). I won't be there unless he pm's me an invitation, I was just passing along info for you. My advantage is being only 45 minutes away, so no hotel needed. I wouldn't suggest staying in the truck when temps are in the teens. Your wife would be terribly uncomfortable and all us married people know that can really mess up a weekend.
    Hurley's Gold

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    LOL! They just put up a Holiday Inn in Royce City. Its 60 a night and you usually can talk em down a bit. If my inlaws get they're crap together, get this rent house I found them, and get the hell out of mine, Id have 2 extra rooms. But, I stopped holding my breath for that the last 5 times they lived with us. The hotels in Greenville are pretty crappy Ive never stayed in one but I see what walks around them at night. Just dont stay at one with a bar! Your coming the weekend of the 15th? Right?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I just don't know if I want to stay there with the folks that are walking around at night. Even tho I'll have a 12ga a 30'06 and a .40 i'd rather not have to use them. LOL! Is there somewhere to camp near there, Or pull up a truck and sleep in that and run a camp stove for cooking?

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    I just don't know if I want to stay there with the folks that are walking around at night. Even tho I'll have a 12ga a 30'06 and a .40 i'd rather not have to use them. LOL! Is there somewhere to camp near there, Or pull up a truck and sleep in that and run a camp stove for cooking

LOL!!!! Its really not that bad... Its like every city, one side is nice and one side is trash. I wouldn't make you sleep in the truck. I have a tractor, chainsaws, nail guns.... We can build a hut! If the weather is decent I'll camp with ya. Are you coming this weekend or the 16th, 17th?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    16 17. No money for a hotel room and I've got a tent. Just found out that the car payment has to be made on the 17th. LOL oops. So I can't grab a hotel room. But I like camping and the pathfinder has a heater if it gets to cold. LOL!

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    If I can get my leeches out of the house by then y'all can stay at my place. But as it is now, I have 7 in a 3 bedroom. BUT they may be out this weekend!?!?!?!? I've lead the horse to water and even tried to drown it.... But I cant make it drink!!!

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Are you going to hunt from the evening into the night or get up for early hunting? I was hoping it was this weekend, as there will still be a quarter moon. The next new moon is Thursday the 14th, which means practically no moonlight that weekend (plus my daughters b-day is that Sunday, we'll have family staying with us....which will make it tough to go). Since there will not be a moon, will you use night vision, spotlights, feeder lights, weapon lights, or only hunt while there is adequate sunlight? I'm trying to get a feel for your hunting plans.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    LOL does your wife know you talk about your in laws that way! LOL Hey can you PM me the address so I can google map it and find out how much gas I'm going to burn?

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Here are some shots from our Christmas trip. There are another 7 hogs, a buck, and a couple of turkeys that are not represented here......I have those on my home computer. All these hogs were taken from approx 4:30pm up to 10pm on evening hunts with a full moon.

th_Amyspig.jpg

th_arpig.jpg

th_brownpig.jpg

th_stubby.jpg

th_kidsbucks.jpg

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    Here is a little map i put together to give you an idea of the hunting grounds.>>>>> Well screw it... I was going to post a map... Ive resided .. Ive converted ... Ive edited... Now I'm pissed... The pic is only 4.73mb but TGT says its to big. I wish I could just have HTML its so much simpler. Shoot me an email at sean_bart1@tx.rr.com and I'll send it to you.

Top Bottom