• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    Damn King! I with my place was more like a "huntin' ranch" like yours. All I got is plain old farm land. Had turkeys at one time... Till the hogs came.

If you click a thumbnail, you can see more pics there on photobucket. We have lots of game, the turkeys & deer can be irritating because they eat up a lot of corn when you are waiting for hogs to come in. I don't hunt deer or turkey...I'm sure that if I did, I would just see a lot of hogs. lol.

sean_bart1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Greenville TX
    wich one's your's
    The 2 red squares is my place
    the yellow is my parents house
    the green is owned by the farmer that leases my northern lot.(for free so I hunt his land as a trade off)
    The blue is prime time hog land. For some reason they prefer my land.
    There are 2 main farmers that own the majority of the land around me. When we bought our 2 plots we told them to keep farming it for free to keep it all in Ag. I guess they liked me enough to give me free run of their 4000 acres too. The funny thing is, the hogs always come back to my northern 100 acre lot. I guess because its wooded and they feel safe. The red southern square is divided into 2 50 acre lots. 50 I plant hay on and 50 I graze cows on. The Southwestern side of the (red) 50 acres is where the yotes like to hang.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I would love to tag along on one of ya'lls hog hunts in the very near future. I haven't been hunting since I was a kid (20+ years ago) and will need a little guidance if anyone is willing. I of course would be willing to share any expenses. Let me know if anyone wouldn't mind a hog hunting noob tagging along :)

mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    down here we got some light sprinkles. it sure is getting chilly though.
    I was going to ask. if i wanted to get some piggy proccessed in the area. are there places local to you and bout what are the costs?
    thanks for the help.

mage2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    south of texas capitol
    I just ask because I am new to this, and was thinking about getting some made into sausage, trying to figure if buying the grinder is more or less cost effecent than getting someone else to do the work.
    Big Country when are you heading up?
    I am heading up the weekend of the 22nd.

Top Bottom