• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Here's the latest addition to my family of 10/22s. Another hogue ultimate this time with a SS receiver. I am still torn between the black and stainless receiver. They both look so damn slick with that green hogue stock. What do ya'll think, which looks better, Black or SS ?
    Texas SOT

Attachments

• 610-001 sxs2..jpg
      610-001 sxs2..jpg
      68.2 KB · Views: 134
    • 610-001 sxs..jpg
      610-001 sxs..jpg
      51.8 KB · Views: 131

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    These both started as stock carbine rifles. I chose pre-2008 production rifles because they still used an aluminum trigger housing back then. I rebuild them internally with Power custom hammers/springs, buffers, polished parts, PC charging handles, titanium extended auto bolt releases and much, much , more. The hogue stocks are some of the best feeling and most durable ones out there. I chose ER shaw barrels for these builds. They feature Bentz chambers, which are halfway between the stock sporter and a true match chamber. You can get a 10/22 T(target) model but it won't have a buffer, a headspaced bolt, an extended or automatic bolt release. They will probably also have a plastic trigger and housing which have a terrible "feel" to them. With the 10/22, if you can dream it, it can be built. These definitely aren't "off the shelf" rifles.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    ...With the 10/22, if you can dream it, it can be built. These definitely aren't "off the shelf" rifles...

Nor do they look it! Great job! I would love the chance to shoot one of these to see if it performs as well as I think it does!

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I've got a 10\22 with a black receiver and a stainless barrel. I've been thinking of using black glossy duracoat on the barrel and receiver to get them to match up. First though I need the end threaded and a front sight base installed.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    10/22 painting

If you are going to paint your barrel, you should probably use duracoat or KG gunkote. The tend to look and stick better than your average spray paint. Personally I like the contrast of a stainless barrel on a black receiver. On one of my builds, I used a zimmerman arms tactical match barrel. It is 16.5", SS and threaded already. It is also turned down from a GM barrel blank to .75" which is almost a drop-in fit in a factory stock. This one was also refinished with satin black KG gunkote. It is a looker IMO but to each his own - Texmex

Attachments

• zimmerman 5..jpg
      zimmerman 5..jpg
      50.2 KB · Views: 109
    • zimmerman 4..jpg
      zimmerman 4..jpg
      26.4 KB · Views: 118

eclipse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Grapevine
    I now have my grubby paws wrapped around the SS rifle pictured above, and I can't wait to get a scope mounted and put some rounds downrange. Thanks TexMex!!!

Do you have a range report. It really is a great looking 10/22.

I have the hogue stock on my 10/22, put the tech sites on and shot it at an appleseed shoot. Great combination.

ADRidge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Lewisville
    Texmex, what kind of rings are you using, and is that a Ruger scope base? I've got some weaver rings just laying around that I stuck on the base of my 10/22, but they will not stay put for the life of me. I keep tightening them down, but the scope will still wiggle quite a bit.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    No problem. Still have the rifle and I was using the included rings with that simmons silver scope. The rifle with the fluted barrel has some weaver ss rings that hook in on one side and bolt down on the other. I've never had a problem with movement on any of my 22s.

Top Bottom