• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    This was brought up in another thread, but I thought it important enought to start one of its own...

Someone mentioned that Hoguns, one of the better gun shops in SA, was closing. I had to get to the bottom of this, so I stopped by there on my way home yesterday afternoon.

Werll, the truth is Wayne is closing the shop in about a month or two. He would like to sell it, but for the time being he is inventorying everything which led me to believe he is getting ready to sell it all off.

All the firearms were boxed up; but Wayne said Chris is still working on guns and if you need something done which can be done quickly to contact him. However, the end is in sight.

This is really a shame, as Hoguns is/was one of the better shops we have in SA. Wayne didn't have a huge inventory, but for smithing it was probably the best place to go.

Still, anyone whose been a regular customer should stop by and wish Wayne all the best as he "retires." Hopefully he'll remain active in the competitive shooting activities in the area...

Cheers! M2
    ARJ Defense ad

Big J

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Karnes City Texas
    Yup. His FFL expired on Sept 21. He just waiting for his lease to run out. TO bad. I was just getting to like the place.
    All the best to u Wayne if u come on here.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    At least Wayne is doing it because HE wants to...the building owner was demanding a 5 year lease w/a higher rent, FFL renewal due, and I think Wayne just decided it was time to just kick back and relax a bit. Visited w/him today for a while - gonna miss him being there, but glad that he's doing what HE wants to do!

Moss_Berg5150

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    If you know Wayne, you know he wasn't in it for the money, he's tired of the red-tape B.S. that he has to go through every year with the feds, county and city. He will definitely be missed when he finally closes those doors!!! Got to chase him down at home to get my guns worked on now!!!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Well, I pretty much knew what the result was but since I was in the neighborhood I decided to swing by Hoguns to see what was going on. My first indication was that the sign was gone, but I decided to look inside and the shop is completely gone! As a matter of fact, it looks like the left wall was removed and it is now some kind of meeting place. There was a stage where the right side of Wayne's shop was, and a bunch of chairs towards the back. It was sad, really; Hoguns was a great shop...

Maybe we need rename this thread to "Hoguns is Closed!"

Cheers! M2

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom