• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    Oh no! I so care what that lady thinks!

I may not Agree with the NRA but I wouldn't make a brash statement like that about the members of any other lobbying groups, even PETA. At least, not in public :evil:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    marg-helgenberger-0006.jpg
    th?id=H.4902397127689747&w=214&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    She's not even hot.

I disagree on her appearance. Id much rather have a self confident woman who has some real life experience. Save the innocent, sweet young girl next door for someone else. I much prefer the ones who will destroy your bedroom during "togetherness".

There's a lesson to be learned here. The "Bait" is attractive but now we know that she would prefer to see us shot dead rather than to allow us to be happy or allow us to think differently than she does. Guys, that is WAY worse than "pond scum!"

Regardless, I have female friends but not ONE of them will get close to me! I am absolutely against having a woman in my life. They are just too much trouble!

Flash

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

How the **** do you "wage peace"? That stupid shit posses me off.

Go to a war torn country and try it. Walk in to a Taliban stronghold and wage peace against those crazy bastards and see how well it fixe everything.

Dumb bitch.

No, she's not "hot". Looks like a red headed skeletor.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    She's not even hot.

No, she's not "hot". Looks like a red headed skeletor.

Past her prime, perhaps, but she had her time and still looks fine for her age. The fact that we're even talking about her appearance does not reflect well on us.

She publicly said something really dumb. Period.

Now, in an attempt to be productive, how do we counter that? Denigrating her looks helps the antis to portray us as a bunch of meanies, so how do we effectively help people realize she speaks from ignorance and should be ignored?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Past her prime, perhaps, but she had her time and still looks fine for her age. The fact that we're even talking about her appearance does not reflect well on us.

She publicly said something really dumb. Period.

Now, in an attempt to be productive, how do we counter that? Denigrating her looks helps the antis to portray us as a bunch of meanies, so how do we effectively help people realize she speaks from ignorance and should be ignored?

I believe my rant about "waging peace" shows her full stupidity, but those that listen to her are probably too stupid to realize that.

Also, I think the bold "she's not hot" was the result of Rogers refusal to use the quote function when replying to another post.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I believe my rant about "waging peace" shows her full stupidity, but those that listen to her are probably too stupid to realize that.
    True. You covered that beautifully and succinctly.

But what gets me is that this particular sentiment of "NRA supporters should die violently" is one that's been repeated more than once in recent years. I'd like to find some way to specifically answer that, something as insightful as your response to the "Wage Peace" t-shirt.

It makes me sad to say it, but I think we're going to need a comeback to this particular sort of dehumanizing of us by the antis. We can't wear signs that say "I Am A Man" but we need something that hits hard at a bumper-sticker-suitable (or, at most, tweetable) word count. The Second Amendment Foundation tried to accomplish this not too long ago with their "Guns Save Lives" campaign. Everybody's heard that one, right?

See what I mean?

"Wage Peace" is stupid but it does express an admirable sentiment in a remarkably digestible format. Us gun rights advocates need something like that. We need to move past and improve upon "...from my cold, dead fingers."

In a battle for hearts and minds, we need tools at every level and, frankly, we don't seem to have them, especially any that effectively target the low-information voters and the folks completely new to the topic.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think it is more difficult because of the way we think, with logic. And I don't mean that in the typical "insult to liberals" way. We will here something that might sound catchy but say "we can't use that, it doesn't make any sense". They don't have that problem.

As to the "shoot'em in the head" remark, that's just a part of the double standard we have to fight against and I have no idea what the solution is. I don't know many gun owners who would say "just shoot the liberals in the head" yet we are accused of being violence prone. To us it makes absolutely no sense, to them it somehow makes perfect sense. How the hell do you argue against nonsense.

When they ask you why you don't want to have good strict gun laws so you can be super safe like the citizens of Chicago you can easily give them the crime and murder stats and point out the error in their reasoning. They will come up with a response that equates to "because my hat is made of the square root of banana when the brim is purple".

The question is, how do you make a reasonable argument against utter nonsense when the person you are arguing with will completely ignore your response and go back to blaming Portuguese banana boat captains for violence in Istanbul and the root cause is the lack of background checks on private sales in Texas. Where can you even begin to postulate a logical argument against it when it has no actual basic ground to postulate against.

All you can do is say "that's ridiculous" to which you are accused of having no reasonable rebuttal because you know they're right.

Ok, rant over.

I see your point, but have no idea what the solution is. I think we would do better to make it very well known when one of these crazies pops off about murdering tens of thousands of Americans than coming up with a catchy slogan. But that will be much more difficult when the media is much more concerned with Phil's view of homosexuality and sin than this woman's dream of gunning down NRA members.

Top Bottom