Join TexasGunTalk

Holosun Optics

Discussion in 'Optics' started by DyeF9, Jan 26, 2020.

1. popo22

popo22 Member

Feb 1, 2009
    I have 2 Holoson "red dots"on a couple of rifles (carbines) for a couple of years and they have been solid, no problems. (multiple thousand rounds through them.

DyeF9 likes this.
  2. txgrant

txgrant New Member

Feb 15, 2020
    College Station, Texas
    Holosun's are great products. They're very durable and the quality is impressive for the price point.

3. DyeF9

DyeF9 In Thrust We Trust

Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Quality enough to be trusted for EDC and home defense?

4. Big Green

Big Green Pew Pew TGT Supporter

Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I put a Primary Arms on the PCC that is beside my bed. I have 400-500 rounds through that rifle and it has been a champ so far. I just changed the battery out the other week so I know I’m good.

Would I carry a PA red dot on a duty rifle or EDC? Probably not, but for a rifle tha only sees duty on the range and bedside, I’d trust it. I feel the same about Holosun, personally.

DyeF9 likes this.
  5. jeepinbanditrider

jeepinbanditrider Active Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I've had and have multiples of their optics. One of which is on my trunk/get home gun exposed to the temp extremes of a vehicle in Texas. The others have been on many rifles and carbines with some of those serving in a defensive role.

I just did a mass battery change out on these. For many of them the last time the battery was changed was during the last presidential election cycle. I've never picked one up and had it be dead on me. The auto sleep/auto wake features have always worked fine for me. Again never picked one up and had it not be on.

You can find tons of torture testing on youtube if you so desire.

For 99.9999999 percent of people they are going to perform just fine. Unless you're HALO jumping into a combat zone I guess though I'd be willing to bet many of these cheaper optics would fare fine there as well. These aren't complex electronics in these things. If you want the brand name just cause or to have "street cred" by all means buy away. But don't feel like you're being ripped off by buying a Holosun either.

Big Green likes this.
  6. txgrant

txgrant New Member

Feb 15, 2020
    College Station, Texas
    Absolutely. As mentioned above there are countless youtube videos torture testing their products without any failures. They are a serious played in the optics game.

7. popo22

popo22 Member

Feb 1, 2009
    I have used these optic's on "duty-carbines" and have nothing but praise for them. As others have stated, if you feel like you need to spend more money for a reliable RDS then go ahead, but mine have been used and abused and come out shinning (no pun intended).