ARJ Defense ad

Holster Help: IWB, 6 o’clock position, with shirt tucked in.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Too cumbersome for my specific use. Also, pearl snaps aren’t an option for this either.
    Incorrect.

Pearl snaps are always an option.

Seriously though. Can you elaborate on your situation?
    I always pocket carry at church. It's more of a dress up traditional church. Most men wear suit and tie. I can't stand most clothing and run hot so I wear just a colored shirt and tie. Pocket carry has been my best option. But I've considered the truss band as well.

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    ARJ Defense ad

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Incorrect.

Pearl snaps are always an option.

Seriously though. Can you elaborate on your situation?
    I always pocket carry at church. It's more of a dress up traditional church. Most men wear suit and tie. I can't stand most clothing and run hot so I wear just a colored shirt and tie. Pocket carry has been my best option. But I've considered the truss band as well.

Let’s say it would be at a place where almost everyone else is prohibited from carrying and no one can know that I would have one. It’s hot most of the year, I pick some heavy things up and carry them around, push things around and bump into things that could catch my clothing, or things under it sometimes.

I wear button down shirts that I wear tucked in.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Maybe a sticky
    Hanz!

die-hard-tattoo.jpg

dh3-cl-under1.jpg

Good ol John McClain solved your problem.
    First is a tattoo from die hard some German guy did second is from another die hard movie.

Duct tape, or Christmas tape, to the rescue again.

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    Somethings just can't be done. This might be one of them. This also may be a reason to NOT carry one in the chamber.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >
    As an ex-anatomist and semi-active shooter, you are asking for trouble. Your efforts would be better spent searching for a gold unicorn carrying a virgin Billionaire chick.

Our "spinous processes" meet our belt-lines at that exact location. The "optics" just add a coup-de-grace to your entire quest.

We all struggle with carry methods; please save yourself some misery and seek something more anatomically practical.

leVieux

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    Work on your empty handed skills and carry a knife.

Sometimes we can put too big an emphasis on the firearm side of self defense.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Smart Carry - aka Thunder Wear. Seriously - a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better option than SOB carry. A smallish gun (S&W Shield / Shield Plus, Glock 43X, J-frame, or anything smallish) will disappear and not create an unnecessary bulge. You might bump it with a heavy box, but it won't be an issue. A thin kydex shell to protect the trigger guard and you're golden.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    ETA the chances of falling that way for normal folks are rare to be sure but we prepare for such instances by carrying so what take the chance?

Total anecdote but...

In my early 20s I stepped off a sidewalk and onto n a wet metal diamond plate. Feet went up from under me like a cartoon character and landed flat on my back. I thought I had died because I had never had the wind knocked out of me that hard before. If I had a gun or anything else on the small of my back it wouldn't surprise me if that had completely broken my back.

Top Bottom