Holster Help: IWB, 6 o’clock position, with shirt tucked in.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Aug 9, 2013
south of killeen
I would think that if you are bumping you cary weapon at anything past 3 o'clock IWB, you are doing something wrong. I pick stuff up and carry stuff with a belt holster at 3o'clock with no problems.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jul 1, 2008
That place east of Waco....
What you're looking for is also called a Small-Of-Back (SOB) holster. Those have a history of causing severe back injury if fallen upon....definitely not worth it.

I've had good luck with the Kangaroo Carry holster. It's a belly-band type holster with a shoulder strap that makes it a pseudo-shoulder holster. Surprisingly comfortable and easy to access from under a shirt. Might be worth a look for you....

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
TGT Supporter
Local Business Supporter
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Jul 23, 2019
Silsbee, Texas
There is a lot of internet talk about SOB carry causing back/spinal injury but hardly any data proving it. I'm sure it has happened and can happen, just not as widespread as internet posters make it seem.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
There is a lot of internet talk about SOB carry causing back/spinal injury but hardly any data proving it. I'm sure it has happened and can happen, just not as widespread as internet posters make it seem.
Its real. I know several instances of falling on handcuffs or other equipment and damaging spine.

Dont carry shit back there. It's a stupid reason to cause life long suffering.

ETA the chances of falling that way for normal folks are rare to be sure but we prepare for such instances by carrying so what take the chance?

Big Green

Wife, kids, ARs, Glocks and Jeeps. What a life!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mar 5, 2018
College Station
What you're looking for is also called a Small-Of-Back (SOB) holster. Those have a history of causing severe back injury if fallen upon....definitely not worth it.

I've had good luck with the Kangaroo Carry holster. It's a belly-band type holster with a shoulder strap that makes it a pseudo-shoulder holster. Surprisingly comfortable and easy to access from under a shirt. Might be worth a look for you....

I believe you mentioned those before. I’ve been thinking about those too. May just pull the trigger on one.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
Id say ditch the 6 oc idea and get something like this belly band holster. It conceals well under light weight shirts.

Get something with snaps like a wrangler pearl snap shirt for quick access.

https://specgear.com/product/truss-holster/

This holster was shown to me by @kittyhawk

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
I had an infection after surgery. It almost killed me and took 2 years to get rid of. For about 18 months of those 2 years I had drains in pic lines and iv antibiotics that I hid under ace bandages under my arms in the same position as this truss holster. Under my uniform shirt and only a pat down would betray what was there. No other officers or any one I came into contact knew the stuff was there.

Very good hiding spot.

mad88minute

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oct 13, 2017
Houston
I had an infection after surgery. It almost killed me and took 2 years to get rid of. For about 18 months of those 2 years I had drains in pic lines and iv antibiotics that I hid under ace bandages under my arms in the same position as this truss holster. Under my uniform shirt and only a pat down would betray what was there. No other officers or any one I came into contact knew the stuff was there.

Very good hiding spot.
Crazy. I'm sure that wasn't easy to work thru.

The pictures of the holster don't do it justice.

It's really a great deep conceal option.

Big Green

Wife, kids, ARs, Glocks and Jeeps. What a life!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Mar 5, 2018
College Station
Id say ditch the 6 oc idea and get something like this belly band holster. It conceals well under light weight shirts.

Get something with snaps like a wrangler pearl snap shirt for quick access.

https://specgear.com/product/truss-holster/

This holster was shown to me by @kittyhawk

Too cumbersome for my specific use. Also, pearl snaps aren’t an option for this either.

Top Bottom