DK Firearms

Holster Help: IWB, 6 o’clock position, with shirt tucked in.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Any good ones out there? Needs to clip to pants, not belt and allow shirt to be tucked in.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    That’s a tough order. Normally I’d say look at tuck-able J hooks, but in this instance I’d think about a belly band or ankle holster.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    That’s a tough order. Normally I’d say look at tuck-able J hooks, but in this instance I’d think about a belly band or ankle holster.
    And I’ve thought about some of the bands. I saw an ad for the Alien Gear band the other day which looked interesting but not available for weapons with optics. I suppose I could carry the G43 and upgrade the sights.

ETA: That still places it on the front of my body, would prefer to not do that. May just have to purchase something and give it a shot.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    And I’ve thought about some of the bands. I saw an ad for the Alien Gear band the other day which looked interesting but not available for weapons with optics. I suppose I could carry the G43 and upgrade the sights.

ETA: That still places it on the front of my body, would prefer to not do that. May just have to purchase something and give it a shot.
    Not being familiar with belly bands, could you just rotate it 180°?

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I wear a button up tucked in when I was still going to the office. The only option was going to be a belly band with a pocket LCP 380. I don't see how you'd get to the firearm with it below the tucked in shirt AT six oclock. Is there a reason you want six oclock so bad?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ….I don't see how you'd get to the firearm with it below the tucked in shirt AT six oclock.…

Probably a little more difficult than any other tucked & fully concealed setup. When I think about it, the problem I’ve always had with tucking in over the gun is too much shirt material, even with a tailored shirt. That problem is likely to get worse on the back as there is generally excess material on back to account for sitting/standing, etc.

I ended up settling on just wearing a sport coat/blazer with IWB for those rare occasions.

Truly deep concealment is a compromise for access and, is the one time I start to consider off-body carry which brings its own set of problems.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I wear a button up tucked in when I was still going to the office. The only option was going to be a belly band with a pocket LCP 380. I don't see how you'd get to the firearm with it below the tucked in shirt AT six oclock. Is there a reason you want six oclock so bad?
    8-4 o’clock would likely get bumped with picking things up. It would have to be extremely hidden.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I would think that if you are bumping you cary weapon at anything past 3 o'clock IWB, you are doing something wrong. I pick stuff up and carry stuff with a belt holster at 3o'clock with no problems.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    What you're looking for is also called a Small-Of-Back (SOB) holster. Those have a history of causing severe back injury if fallen upon....definitely not worth it.

I've had good luck with the Kangaroo Carry holster. It's a belly-band type holster with a shoulder strap that makes it a pseudo-shoulder holster. Surprisingly comfortable and easy to access from under a shirt. Might be worth a look for you....

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    There is a lot of internet talk about SOB carry causing back/spinal injury but hardly any data proving it. I'm sure it has happened and can happen, just not as widespread as internet posters make it seem.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    There is a lot of internet talk about SOB carry causing back/spinal injury but hardly any data proving it. I'm sure it has happened and can happen, just not as widespread as internet posters make it seem.
    Its real. I know several instances of falling on handcuffs or other equipment and damaging spine.

Dont carry shit back there. It's a stupid reason to cause life long suffering.

ETA the chances of falling that way for normal folks are rare to be sure but we prepare for such instances by carrying so what take the chance?

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    What you're looking for is also called a Small-Of-Back (SOB) holster. Those have a history of causing severe back injury if fallen upon....definitely not worth it.

I've had good luck with the Kangaroo Carry holster. It's a belly-band type holster with a shoulder strap that makes it a pseudo-shoulder holster. Surprisingly comfortable and easy to access from under a shirt. Might be worth a look for you....

I believe you mentioned those before. I’ve been thinking about those too. May just pull the trigger on one.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Id say ditch the 6 oc idea and get something like this belly band holster. It conceals well under light weight shirts.

Get something with snaps like a wrangler pearl snap shirt for quick access.

https://specgear.com/product/truss-holster/

This holster was shown to me by @kittyhawk

Sent from my moto e6 using Tapatalk
    I had an infection after surgery. It almost killed me and took 2 years to get rid of. For about 18 months of those 2 years I had drains in pic lines and iv antibiotics that I hid under ace bandages under my arms in the same position as this truss holster. Under my uniform shirt and only a pat down would betray what was there. No other officers or any one I came into contact knew the stuff was there.

Very good hiding spot.

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I had an infection after surgery. It almost killed me and took 2 years to get rid of. For about 18 months of those 2 years I had drains in pic lines and iv antibiotics that I hid under ace bandages under my arms in the same position as this truss holster. Under my uniform shirt and only a pat down would betray what was there. No other officers or any one I came into contact knew the stuff was there.

Very good hiding spot.
    Crazy. I'm sure that wasn't easy to work thru.

The pictures of the holster don't do it justice.

It's really a great deep conceal option.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Id say ditch the 6 oc idea and get something like this belly band holster. It conceals well under light weight shirts.

Get something with snaps like a wrangler pearl snap shirt for quick access.

https://specgear.com/product/truss-holster/

This holster was shown to me by @kittyhawk

Too cumbersome for my specific use. Also, pearl snaps aren’t an option for this either.

Top Bottom