• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • allforbirds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    I am taking my CHL Class in 2 weeks and looking for an IWB holster.

Here is the problem I do not wear a belt and do not want to wear a belt. I am looking for something in leather that is going to last a while and be comfortable to wear.

I have looked at the smartcarry and the thunderwear and they dont look like something I would be comfortable wearing all day, but are beginning to look like my only option.

Does anyone know of any leather holsters that would not require a belt? I know they make paddle holsters for OC but havent seen anything for IWB.

Thanks!
    Lynx Defense

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I have yet to see one. The belt tends to hold the holster while you draw. It would really suck to pull it out holster included if you really need it. If your looking at a small enough weapon pocket carry may he the option.

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville
    We might be able to help more if you tell us what gun you plan to carry. If it is bigger than a pocket pistol, going without a belt would not be very wise.

allforbirds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    We might be able to help more if you tell us what gun you plan to carry. If it is bigger than a pocket pistol, going without a belt would not be very wise.

I am going to be carrying either an xd 9sc or an xd 45c. Havent decided yet. Right now I have an xd 9 service 4".

Vellcrow

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Pflugerville

jarhead79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2008
    Well, I'll have to give you the ol' lecture. You probably should have a belt, if you're carrying a gun.

Having said that, you might consider holsters with the steel clips that hold super tight. There are several makers out there that use the steel clips vs. the plastic or kydex ones. I happen to be one of those makers, but this is not an "I love me" post. I'm just giving my opinion. I'd even be willing to drop some names of makers, if you'd like.

Nate

allforbirds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    I purchased a belt at Cabela's a few weeks ago, has not been worn yet. Also bought an inexpensive IWB holster from Galco, similar to what I was wanting.

Really re thinking using a holster. It is a pain to get it comfortable in my jeans with a belt on. Might just have to try smart carry or thunderwear.

I am beginning to think that IWB holsters were not made with women in mind. Our butts hips and waist are more complicated than guys.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    The Milt Sparks VMII (IMO the most comfortable IWB holster ever...well for me) can be worn without a belt using the Kydex clips.

Yep!! I can't wait till mine comes in!!! (Just 4 1/2 more months)

But you can go through Milt Sparks resellers and see if they have it for your weapon of choice. if not you'll have to order it, it will take some time but it's well worth the wait!!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I purchased a belt at Cabela's a few weeks ago, has not been worn yet. Also bought an inexpensive IWB holster from Galco, similar to what I was wanting.

Really re thinking using a holster. It is a pain to get it comfortable in my jeans with a belt on. Might just have to try smart carry or thunderwear.

I am beginning to think that IWB holsters were not made with women in mind. Our butts hips and waist are more complicated than guys.

You're right, IWBs are not made for women. When I wear mine (I also make my own holsters) I wear it with my loose fitting Levi's. I can wear it with my Wranglers, but not on my 'i feel fat' days As the guys have said, you'll need a belt. It also makes a very noticeable difference.

They key is the size of the pants you're wearing the IWB with. If your pants are too tight, they force the holster to contour to your body and that makes it more uncomfortable. Try a different style of jeans at a size bigger and that will help relieve the discomfort.

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Milt Sparks is one of the most sought holsters in the US, known and famous for it's comfort and quality workmanship. It's a total custom job that requires being on a 6 month waiting list to obtain one.

Milt Sparks Holsters

Most of us, I know I would have if I found one for my vertec, would pay more rather than waiting 6 months.

With that said:

If interested in a Milt Sparks check these authorized resellers (normal price) to see if they have an XD:

Lightning Arms Sports

Brownells - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

Sig Sauer Parts, Wilson Combat parts and magazines, Meprolight Night Sights, Sig Sauer magazines, SureFire Flashlights, Sig Sauer night sights, H&K magazines and parts, Glock parts and accessories, Glock magazines, 1911 magazines parts, gunsmithing t

Worst case you can get this one (jacked up price):

Milt Sparks VM II XD 4" NEW - eBay (item 290259349847 end time Sep-15-08 17:30:47 PDT)

EDIT: WOW, that was fast... By the time I finished this post someone already bought the Milt Sparks off eBay

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom