• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    OK, so I have finally nailed my wife down on which gun she would like for her concealed carry weapon. She has narrowed it down to either the Springfield XD or the Glock 26. I wanted her to go revolver, but she really likes these two.

Anyway, I have some concern about these two bouncing around in her purse and I want to make sure I find a good holster for purse carry. I have started looking at the Kydex ones, and I'm leaning that way, but does anyone have any suggestions specifically for purse carry? Thanks in advance.
    Texas SOT

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    umm let her pick it out ??? Thats what I would do, se what shes most comfortable carrying it in, after she figures out XD vs Glock

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Yeah, I thought the gun purse was a great idea - then my wife looked at them, LOL. Thanks for all the great suggestions, everyone. They've given us plenty of ideas.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    If you think about it in the purse is not as good of an option as on the person. Most purses are full of crap. Ever looked in you wife's purse? A purse is more likely to be separated from a woman if TSHTF.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    If you think about it in the purse is not as good of an option as on the person. Most purses are full of crap. Ever looked in you wife's purse? A purse is more likely to be separated from a woman if TSHTF.

There are certain battles that you have no chance of winning :)

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    There are certain battles that you have no chance of winning :)

Yep, there are a lot of women who want to carry, but are hell bent on not using an on the body holster. Purse is better than nothing. They just need to be conscious of their purse and hold it tightly and in a way it would be difficult to snatch. If they see danger approaching, like road rage, or walking in a parking garage at night, they can always snap off the restraint, and have their hand on the gun inside the purse.

And that brings up a point. I think a holster in a purse needs to have a thumb break restraint to insure it doesn't flop out. And extra tight holster would do this, but then it's an issue getting it out when needed.

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Yep, there are a lot of women who want to carry, but are hell bent on not using an on the body holster. Purse is better than nothing. They just need to be conscious of their purse and hold it tightly and in a way it would be difficult to snatch. If they see danger approaching, like road rage, or walking in a parking garage at night, they can always snap off the restraint, and have their hand on the gun inside the purse.

And that brings up a point. I think a holster in a purse needs to have a thumb break restraint to insure it doesn't flop out. And extra tight holster would do this, but then it's an issue getting it out when needed.

Some of the Kydex holsters I've been looking at seem to be pretty good in this regard. They're tight, but it's tight at certain release points. So you can get it out, but it doesn't just fall out on its own.

Top Bottom