Holster Sharing

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
TGT Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Houston/San Antonio TX
Concept: Temporarily sharing Holsters to fellow members to help them pick the right Holster

Convenience: It would Help Save people a lot of money.

I keep reading, seeing, hearing about how everyone has a bag/box full of holsters that they bought/tested while in the market for Holsters, that money could have been spent on ammo/range time/new firearm..etc..etc

it would seem everyone is a little annoyed that they had to spend $300+ before they found their ideal holster. Here are some "what ifs"

What if you took the Holsters that you dont normally use and rented them out to people so they could get an idea of what their needs are. It would be Beneficial for both people.

Lets say I have a 6 holsters i dont normally use and I decide to let joe borrow them for 10 bucks a week for 3 weeks, Joe also left me a piece of equipment as collateral at the beginning till he returned them. This is just brainstorming. I have some friends that don't yet have their degrees, cant really afford to be buying holster after holster to get the correct one.

Its just an idea. Maybe Im getting to comfortable on here. Seems like we're all neighbors on this site and we all sound like ol fashion conservative guys and gals. Feel free to "shoot it down(not literally)" or say "hell no"

open for ideas. Also I would like to say that I searched for a thread regarding this topic on the forum already, Did'nt find it but sorry if it was already brought to the floor

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
That is a good idea. I don't think however that we should pay each other rent on this deal. I think that the collateral system works very well. So say I barrow your $60 holster, I'll either leave you with $60 0r a holster or something worth around that much, or some other thing of value. and when I bring back your holster I get my $60 or item of value. But that is the only part I would change, everything else sounds good tho. Great Idea GI-John

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
TGT Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Houston/San Antonio TX
That is a good idea. I don't think however that we should pay each other rent on this deal. I think that the collateral system works very well. So say I barrow your $60 holster, I'll either leave you with $60 0r a holster or something worth around that much, or some other thing of value. and when I bring back your holster I get my $60 or item of value. But that is the only part I would change, everything else sounds good tho. Great Idea GI-John
Thanks, You hit it right on the nail in the red font.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
Mar 16, 2009
Just send me all your old unwanted holsters...I'll make sure they're properly distributed...LMAO

Big country

TGT Addict
Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Park,TX
Goofy idea. Logistics and determining agreeable "collateral" would be a huge hassle.
I don't think so. As long as the two individuals can work it out between the two of them it would be a breeze. And as long as you don't start shipping things and keep it local you should be fine. Of course there is always the threat of possible problems, you are right about that. I just don't think there would be problems as long as we set up some guide lines to follow.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
Mar 16, 2009
How about you don't lend out the ones you use...loan out the ones you don't want and will probably never use again. Most people on here talk about how they have a box full of holsters they don't use from the time period of when they were looking for that "special" one...lol... If you want to let someone try your "good" holster out, then make some sort of arrangement. I need my TGT holster "library" card....lol

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
TGT Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Houston/San Antonio TX
Main holster

How about you don't lend out the ones you use...loan out the ones you don't want and will probably never use again. Most people on here talk about how they have a box full of holsters they don't use from the time period of when they were looking for that "special" one...lol... If you want to let someone try your "good" holster out, then make some sort of arrangement. I need my TGT holster "library" card....lol

I would not go as far as to ask for their primary every day holster. Just the ones they don't use or hardly ever wear. It could help an individual get an idea of in or outside the waistband. Or plastic or leather. And yes I think local is a big matter. This way the lender and individual can trade easily and confidently. I know I would definatly make it up to them whether it be a range treat, 6 pack, or box of Winchester. Gotta scratch his back too ya know

GM.Chief

Well-Known
Mar 16, 2009
Good way to meet some fellow TGT members, but you have to be pretty trusting. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea as someone who needs to start searching for a holster soon. However, from the perspective of someone who has several hundred dollars invested in a box holsters, it's an iffy situation to think about lending them out. We need a big TGT meet and greet/yard sale...then they can sell the stuff they don't want anymore and we can get to try stuff for a little less $.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members