• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Concept: Temporarily sharing Holsters to fellow members to help them pick the right Holster

Convenience: It would Help Save people a lot of money.

I keep reading, seeing, hearing about how everyone has a bag/box full of holsters that they bought/tested while in the market for Holsters, that money could have been spent on ammo/range time/new firearm..etc..etc

it would seem everyone is a little annoyed that they had to spend $300+ before they found their ideal holster. Here are some "what ifs"

What if you took the Holsters that you dont normally use and rented them out to people so they could get an idea of what their needs are. It would be Beneficial for both people.

Lets say I have a 6 holsters i dont normally use and I decide to let joe borrow them for 10 bucks a week for 3 weeks, Joe also left me a piece of equipment as collateral at the beginning till he returned them. This is just brainstorming. I have some friends that don't yet have their degrees, cant really afford to be buying holster after holster to get the correct one.

Its just an idea. Maybe Im getting to comfortable on here. Seems like we're all neighbors on this site and we all sound like ol fashion conservative guys and gals. Feel free to "shoot it down(not literally)" or say "hell no"

open for ideas. Also I would like to say that I searched for a thread regarding this topic on the forum already, Did'nt find it but sorry if it was already brought to the floor
    Venture Surplus ad

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    That is a good idea. I don't think however that we should pay each other rent on this deal. I think that the collateral system works very well. So say I barrow your $60 holster, I'll either leave you with $60 0r a holster or something worth around that much, or some other thing of value. and when I bring back your holster I get my $60 or item of value. But that is the only part I would change, everything else sounds good tho. Great Idea GI-John

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    That is a good idea. I don't think however that we should pay each other rent on this deal. I think that the collateral system works very well. So say I barrow your $60 holster, I'll either leave you with $60 0r a holster or something worth around that much, or some other thing of value. and when I bring back your holster I get my $60 or item of value. But that is the only part I would change, everything else sounds good tho. Great Idea GI-John

Thanks, You hit it right on the nail in the red font.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Just send me all your old unwanted holsters...I'll make sure they're properly distributed...LMAO

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Goofy idea. Logistics and determining agreeable "collateral" would be a huge hassle.
    I don't think so. As long as the two individuals can work it out between the two of them it would be a breeze. And as long as you don't start shipping things and keep it local you should be fine. Of course there is always the threat of possible problems, you are right about that. I just don't think there would be problems as long as we set up some guide lines to follow.

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    How about you don't lend out the ones you use...loan out the ones you don't want and will probably never use again. Most people on here talk about how they have a box full of holsters they don't use from the time period of when they were looking for that "special" one...lol... If you want to let someone try your "good" holster out, then make some sort of arrangement. I need my TGT holster "library" card....lol

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    Main holster

How about you don't lend out the ones you use...loan out the ones you don't want and will probably never use again. Most people on here talk about how they have a box full of holsters they don't use from the time period of when they were looking for that "special" one...lol... If you want to let someone try your "good" holster out, then make some sort of arrangement. I need my TGT holster "library" card....lol

I would not go as far as to ask for their primary every day holster. Just the ones they don't use or hardly ever wear. It could help an individual get an idea of in or outside the waistband. Or plastic or leather. And yes I think local is a big matter. This way the lender and individual can trade easily and confidently. I know I would definatly make it up to them whether it be a range treat, 6 pack, or box of Winchester. Gotta scratch his back too ya know

GM.Chief

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Good way to meet some fellow TGT members, but you have to be pretty trusting. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea as someone who needs to start searching for a holster soon. However, from the perspective of someone who has several hundred dollars invested in a box holsters, it's an iffy situation to think about lending them out. We need a big TGT meet and greet/yard sale...then they can sell the stuff they don't want anymore and we can get to try stuff for a little less $.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    true

Good way to meet some fellow TGT members, but you have to be pretty trusting. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea as someone who needs to start searching for a holster soon. However, from the perspective of someone who has several hundred dollars invested in a box holsters, it's an iffy situation to think about lending them out. We need a big TGT meet and greet/yard sale...then they can sell the stuff they don't want anymore and we can get to try stuff for a little less $.

After a big meet&greet is a good idea. Member yard sell is another great idea. We'll have to draft some ideas and rules, we can call them "the articles" But yeah after a couple serious meet/greets this should would be a great way for texans to help texans...by the way today some mental dude who talks to himself tried running up on me and he had a knife on his belt. I was with my friend Linda, It literally happened while I was surfing this forum on the patio of a cafe. I didnt have my knife on me and I dont have a permit yet...I deserve a swift kick in the head for that:banghead:

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We could have a holster try out @ one of our get togethers. Maybe have a couple of 1 hr. time slots and everyone try them on etc...

Zen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Kingwood, Tx
    Goofy Idea?

I believe the saying is - "An armed society is a polite society". Maybe we really don't believe what we say???

I think it's a good idea. Sure, logistics issues come up but that's for the two people involved to figure out. Someone might get burnt eventually but hell, who hasn't been burnt before and who has taken the leap of trust and ended up being grateful as hell for doing it?

Luckily, I found the perfect holster my first try. I've got some drop legs and assorted cheap "Tacti-cool" holsters that I play with every now and then but, if anyone wants to try something out and the details aren't too complicated - why the hell not?

As collateral, I will hold on to anyone's 1911 and, to compensate for the wear and tear on my holster, will expect 100 rounds of ammunition as well. Who's first?

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I think this is a great idea. Mainly because I don't want to end up with a bucket full of holsters. I agree this being done at the local level would make things easier. It would also give us new guys a chance to try out the full bucket, talk to the owner of said bucket, and even get a feel of the primary holster. There would also be an opportunity to discuss the good / bad of each holster and help new guys like myself get a better idea of what we want before we start throwing money at things.

Since it seems this would be a feature to benefit the new guys/gals the most, I would agree a refundable deposit would be in order. If someone's trying to unload some holsters, then the agreed upon selling price sounds like a good deposit number.

Of course in my mind, I see this as being more of a what not to waste your money on type of service, but I imagine there would be some exceptions.

Top Bottom