Holster ???

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Wedge, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    IWB--OWB holster please explain.

2. txpolecat

txpolecat Member

Feb 16, 2009
    InnerWaistBand
    OuterWaistBand
    One is inside your pants, the other is outside your pants.

3. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    How do you conceal a outside of the pant holster? Long shirt im assuming. If thats ok then I assume if you can see the shape of the gun as long as it is concealed(not vissible) you are ok? THANKS 4 THE HELP.

4. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    How do you conceal a outside of the pant holster? Long shirt im assuming. If thats ok then I assume if you can see the shape of the gun as long as it is concealed(not vissible) you are ok? THANKS 4 THE HELP.
    ----------------------
    Pretty much a IWB holster will conceal a little better. But a lot has to do with your body shape and how you feel comfortable carrying. I don’t care for IWB. Feels uncomfortable to me. I go with the OWB and of late Galco Concealable carrying a HK P2000. It pulls it very tight against your body, and a loose shirt conceals it perfectly for me. I also have a OWB cross draw that works pretty good, but it’s a PIA to get on the holster on the left side. T-shirt, maybe not, unless its very loose. You will be surprised how much a bulge you can have and no one thinks anything of it. With all the cell phones and blackberry’s people strap on, it’s really a none issue unless it’s just really obvious.
    I was in a convenience store the other day and I thought sure an older women spotted my gun as she was looking a long time right at it. But she never said a word, and we exchanged a few words, about the big lottery jackpot.
    When I go to work, I sometimes carry my gun in, in a little black square zippered pouch. Once someone asked me what was in there, and I told them a bible

5. LittleGun

LittleGun Active Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Spring/Houston
    It took me some experimentation to find out my best method of carry. I decided on leather IWB holster. For summer carry, I conceal under a dark t-shirt. For cold weather, I like a sweatshirt. You have to find something that fits your body and life style.

6. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I don't bother with color of shirts and don't have any problem. I think sometimes we over engineer concealing. A jacket when it's cold/cool works fine if you're careful too.

7. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    So is it correct that if they can tell its a gun but is covered you are still legal or do you have to hide it better. Sorry not trying to beat this up just not sure what the full def is of conceal. Im sure the class will explain also but you guys have actually been out there so you know what to expect.

8. awmp

awmp New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Don't worry you will end up like the rest of us with a drawer full of holsters, trying, experimenting, changing pistols, until finally one day you will find what works for you, they way you dress, the seasons and the handgun.

9. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    As far as the law, you are supposed to conceal. But how does someone know that a little lump under your shirt is a gun, or a cell phone, or even a hair dryer. :happy0001: People just can't go around questioning every little wardrobe anomaly. A lot has to do how you carry yourself. If you are constantly drawing attention to where the gun is by touching it or adjusting in, or looking at it, people will be more inclined to be suspicious. I doubt you would ever get "busted" for a little bulge. I was talking with one of our local LEO that come into my shop, and he said the two calls he's gotten because some spotted a gun, he just made some suggestions to the CHL person on how to better carry. He said these two were because the actual gun was exposed. Of course this particular LEO said he favored CHL. Said his wife and daughter both carry.

Here is my P2000 rig. Showing you the gun, and then my untucked shirt. Of course this won't work with every outfit. But I usually don't tuck my shirt unless I have too ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Wedge

Wedge Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Thanks to all the replies. Navyguy that helps thank u.