• ...and so much more!
  • jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    I just purchased a Taurus tcp and it fits perfect in my pocket. I am wondering what holster would be best for this small 308, a pocket holster or IWB? An OWB pouch comes with this hg and looks like a large cell phone holster but soon almost everyone will know what it really is. I am a little leery of carrying in this belt holster.
    All comments appreciated
    Gun Zone Deals

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Personally, I don't like carrying small pocket pistols in IWB holsters. Even my larger Taurus PT709 Slim and PT111 don't carry as well as my Springfield XD-45 Service. Since it's a pocket pistol, I figure that's the best place to carry it!

By the way, I know you mean .380; but a 308 would be a mighty powerful pistol!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I bought a cheap, $35 leather IWB holster for my kel tec on ebay. It works really nice. Not as comfortable as my com-tac, but about a third the price. It also doesn't take up as much room in my pants as the comtac with my Glock 19 (some of my jeans and pants are tighter than others, and I can only really wear the looser ones with the bigger gun).

Let us know how that gun shoots. I've very interested.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas
    Yes, I meant .380, my fingers don't walk very well sometimes while typing. I have a Taurus 709 Slim too. I love it and usually carry it in a high rise belt holster with a jacket over it. I have not shot my new .380 yet, it has been raining, snowing and blowing. Nice weather is due soon. I don't have an indoor range close. Ammunition is a little expensive right now for the .380 but lots of 9mm is available at Walmart for less than $10. So I have a lot of ammo for my 709

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I have seen .380 at some of the local Academy stores so you might to check any near you. But I too have stocked up on Walmart's $9.95/box Federal 9mm!

The cost and rarity of .380 was why I got rid of my Kel Tec P3AT. I wasn't that thrilled with it and ammo at $50+ a box last summer didn't help! I ended up trading it for the PT111 which I was so impressed with that it compelled me to buy the PT709. I love both of them but wouldn't mind a PT708 as well; but only when the price and availability of ammo improves dramatically!

I had a small neoprene IWB holster for my P3AT as well, but those pistols are so small that I wasn't as confident in it stay tucked in as I am a full-sized semi-auto!

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I picked up some aluminum cased stuff at $18/ box. I was so happy.

Good news is that I only enjoy shooting a few mags threw, cause that baby snaps your fingers after a few, especially without the extension. ouch

Gun-Works

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Tennessee
    We received the Taurus TCP mold last week and are happy to say that we do offer 3 different holsters for that weapon.. IWB,OWB, and our Versa, that can be worn several different ways..As always if it does not work out for you simply send it back..no problem..A satisfied customer is our best advertising
    Thank You Larry
    our Versa holster
    Versablack500.jpg
    [/IMG]

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If you want a little excitement, get you some Buffalo Bore +P & try it out in the TCP (they are +P rated).
    It will definetly get your attention, lol...

JStevens

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    West Texas
    We received the Taurus TCP mold last week and are happy to say that we do offer 3 different holsters for that weapon.. IWB,OWB, and our Versa, that can be worn several different ways..As always if it does not work out for you simply send it back..no problem..A satisfied customer is our best advertising
    Thank You Larry
    our Versa holster
    Versablack500.jpg
    [/IMG]

Good to see. It's taken a little while for the TCP accessories to hit the market. Looking forward!

Top Bottom