• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I told the lady "I dont even know you" as she stuck that swab deep inside me. Violated I felt. When done I said "I dont think you sampled my brain stem yet ". Lol

They did antibody test too.

Be prepared if you get one. I think a prostate check is less invasive.
    Hurley's Gold

Last edited:

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Yes. I've had 4 covid tests now. The first was mildly uncomfortable. The rest were downright painful. Very unpleasant.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I 've had one test. Never got the results but it was prerequisite for admission to the OR - & I got operated on, so it must'a been negative - or maybe a false negative.

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    This lady had double gloves, booties, surgical gown, mask, face shield, hair cover and hollered for me to put my mask on from 25 feet away. I started to make a joke about weather this was the ebola testing site or covid testing site till I heard her talk. She was from one of those outbreak countries in Africa so I said never mind.

Ya I'm a snarky bastard but felt oddly unfunny at that moment. That's saying something causei make jokes at funerals and death watch at hospitals.

Then again I am Baptist. Lol

candcallen

Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I 've had one test. Never got the results but it was prerequisite for admission to the OR - & I got operated on, so it must'a been negative - or maybe a false negative.
    They said the results will be in monday. No news is negative.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Had to have one before my Surgery yesterday. The facility required a negative test before they would allow the surgery to happen there. After the test was administered I was supposed to self quarantine until surgery for a week. Wednesday I got the negative results as expected. Surgery completed yesterday with no issues. Yes the swab experience is not pleasant.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I had one yesterday for a medical procedure next Wednesday. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I was handed a lab cup and told to spit in it. At first I didn't think I heard right as normally I "contribute" a different bodily fluid in such vessels, but the young lady clarified they need a certain amount of saliva. Apparently this process was just approved by the FDA, so hopefully it means the end of the nasal passage penetration test. My wife had one of those and wasn't happy about it nor that I got out of having to endure the same...

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    Why so many?
    And all negative, I hope...
    Mostly for work. The first test my doctor ordered as a condition for a checkup because i had a symptom

The second was a prescreen before leaving for Norway. The third and fourth were given after arriving in Norway, once immediately after arriving and then again 2 days later, as a condition for boarding my ship.

Yes, all were negative. So far I've been able to avoid 'rona.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom