• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    He was on an official call concerning a mask violation.
    On the way in, he encountered another person without a mask.
    Should he have not said something to the customer?
    Should the customer have followed an official order?
    What should he have done once the armed customer refuses?
    Not followed a bullshit order to enforce a bullshit Karen call.
    Be a man, not a lying little cockstain.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Not been a raging power tripping douche canoe would be a good starting point.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    3c127b5d3f572765d8dd830f02a6d462.jpg

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    All the little subs require the mask, so I’m not sure how far you’d have to drive to find mask less shopping.

I lived there for a few decades and that town has a history of stupid cop stuff. Likely due to it being fairly easy to get on there? Then moving to bigger / better places w experience.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    IMO

He should have ignored the guy. It wasn’t part of his call and the cop said he felt the “ordinance” was stupid and ridiculous. I also think he should have just told the store owner “I was called do to a complaint that you aren’t wearing the mask which is a violation of city ordinance. Have a nice day.”

Which one? The one to leave the store or the one to put on a mask he didn’t have?”

He probably should have left the store without comment instead of leaving the store while arguing. Might have saved him some time and frustration.

Which refusal? The guy argued about the legality of the ordinance then left the store. Cop followed him outside with a taser. Yeah, the guy was argumentative. But the cops actions seemed based on “how dare you question me” not “this guy is a threat to public safety”.

I think the fact that the guy walked in the end says a lot about the cops justification for his actions.

In the end the guy wasn’t making the best choices for getting out of there without conflict, but the cop was instigating and escalating as much or more so. And the cop found it necessary to not only give an inaccurate description of the situation to dispatch, but also to lie about how he had dealt with the situation to his supervisor.

JMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    All the little subs require the mask, so I’m not sure how far you’d have to drive to find mask less shopping.
    Most likely, just outside the city limits. Lots of places "require" the mask but if it's not actually written as a law (ordinance), then you're not violating any law until you're asked to leave the premises and refuse to do so.

I agree, the guy doesn't appear to be cut out for law enforcement; he probably needs to find another line of work before he gets himself into some real trouble.

Last edited:

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    IMO

He should have ignored the guy. It wasn’t part of his call and the cop said he felt the “ordinance” was stupid and ridiculous. I also think he should have just told the store owner “I was called do to a complaint that you aren’t wearing the mask which is a violation of city ordinance. Have a nice day.”

But then I wouldn't get to play Mr.Badass! Thats no fun.

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    IMO

Which one? The one to leave the store or the one to put on a mask he didn’t have?”

He probably should have left the store without comment instead of leaving the store while arguing. Might have saved him some time and frustration.

Which refusal? The guy argued about the legality of the ordinance then left the store. Cop followed him outside with a taser. Yeah, the guy was argumentative. But the cops actions seemed based on “how dare you question me” not “this guy is a threat to public safety”.

I think the fact that the guy walked in the end says a lot about the cops justification for his actions.

In the end the guy wasn’t making the best choices for getting out of there without conflict, but the cop was instigating and escalating as much or more so. And the cop found it necessary to not only give an inaccurate description of the situation to dispatch, but also to lie about how he had dealt with the situation to his supervisor.

JMHO.

Pretty much sums it up

Reactions: gll

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

I lived there for a few decades and that town has a history of stupid cop stuff. Likely due to it being fairly easy to get on there? Then moving to bigger / better places w experience.

I am in Waco daily, and a lot of the surrounding areas. Rarely has anyone mentioned anything to me about wearing a mask. Only time I can recall was going in to Hobby Lobby for a steel ruler. An old lady chased me down shortly after I got through the door. I apologized and went back to get one out of the truck since I knew they had exactly what I needed.

One of my guys on the crew got run out of Stripes. He argued with the employees which I thought was stupid. Either give someone else your money or suck it up.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    IMO

JMHO.

I agree with it all.

Do you feel the fact he knew that the "karen" who called in the report, was sitting outside watching, could have had anything to do with him talking to the customer.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    FWIW, the mask “ordinance” was not passed by the city council or voted on. It was a “proclamation” by the Mayor.

I just googled to make sure I was correct on this.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I agree with it all.

Do you feel the fact he knew that the "karen" who called in the report, was sitting outside watching, could have had anything to do with him talking to the customer.

Nope. Based on the cops attitude I don’t think it had any relevance.

The Karen wasn’t in the store so if that was the case he could have explained to the guy “there’s a Karen outside complaining so to avoid trouble if you could just go out for a little bit while I roll through the motions I’d appreciate it”.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I don’t think there will be any grief. He can’t go after the city or the ordinance in court since he was let go and won’t be able to claim he was harmed.

In fact, I’d be willing to be no one has ever gotten an actual ticket because they want to scare people but never have to risk it being challenged.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Look at all that white privilege the shopper and store owner have on full display.

We need equity so the rich, white politicians can take in more cash. We need an equal playing field so rich politicians, who are definitely not getting what they deserve can get more.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Look at all that white privilege the shopper and store owner have on full display.

We need equity so the rich, white politicians can take in more cash, and inappropriately sniff and fondle children. We need an equal playing field so rich politicians, who are definitely not getting what they deserve can get more.
    FIFY :(

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I'm not sure what the legal technicality of a "proclamation" is, but the cop said it was an ordinance. So if a "proclamation" doesn't carry the weight of "law", then that just makes the cop doublely wrong in his actions. And the Waco police department needs to do more training as to what a proclamation means.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom