• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    https://www.waco-texas.com/pdf/press-releases/2021-01-19 RES 2021-034 executed resolution extending declaration.pdf

27. That a violation of this order or the Governor’s Orders shall be a Class C misdemeanor and the penalty for violating this Resolution shall be a fine of not less than one dollar ($1.00) and no more than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00), and each day a violation exists shall be a separate offense. That this declaration also hereby authorizes the use of any other lawfully available enforcement tools.

bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    I'm not sure what the legal technicality of a "proclamation" is, but the cop said it was an ordinance. So if a "proclamation" doesn't carry the weight of "law", then that just makes the cop doublely wrong in his actions. And the Waco police department needs to do more training as to what a proclamation means.

AFAIK, all these "proclamations" are being done under Emergency Declaration and the POWERS that those give.

The Great Goddess in Salem and the cuck in Portland both have way taken advantage of it. I tell people, " Don't like it.... change it!!! " Rein in those Emerg Declarations thru your elected officials.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    AFAIK, all these "proclamations" are being done under Emergency Declaration and the POWERS that those give.

The Great Goddess in Salem and the cuck in Portland both have way taken advantage of it. I tell people, " Don't like it.... change it!!! " Rein in those Emerg Declarations thru your elected officials.

You know that'll never happen in Oregon. And its even unlikely here in Texas.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    He was on an official call concerning a mask violation.
    On the way in, he encountered another person without a mask.
    Should he have not said something to the customer?
    Should the customer have followed an official order?
    What should he have done once the armed customer refuses?

Funny, I didn't see any "refusal", just a couple of comments followed by a taser being brandished and further escalation on the cop's part. The guy without the mask was not particularly argumentative, did not provoke an armed response, and appeared to do his best when given contradictory demands by the cop. The fact the customer was armed played no part in the situation until the cop decided to use it as justification to throw his power around a bit more.

The cop was on a swaggering power trip, did just about everything he could to escalate the situation, and then lied through his teeth to his supervisors. What a sad life he must live to come into a "no mask" call that pumped up on adrenaline.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    You don't have to go all the way to wacko to find a crazy cop. Daughter taught school in Aldine during the Katrina invasion a few years back. School starts early and teachers go in earlier. It's dark in the winter. She was buying gas along the highway near school and a constable? deputy? demanded to know what she was doing at that time of night. Scared her but she didn't cower and told him what she was doing and minding her own business. He left and guy running the place told her that officer did that stuff all the time.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Funny, I didn't see any "refusal", just a couple of comments followed by a taser being brandished and further escalation on the cop's part. The guy without the mask was not particularly argumentative, did not provoke an armed response, and appeared to do his best when given contradictory demands by the cop. The fact the customer was armed played no part in the situation until the cop decided to use it as justification to throw his power around a bit more.

The cop was on a swaggering power trip, did just about everything he could to escalate the situation, and then lied through his teeth to his supervisors. What a sad life he must live to come into a "no mask" call that pumped up on adrenaline.

The officer actually told him to leave the property twice, and then the customer really started to argue.
    I consider that a refusal.

AZ Refugee

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Cop may have been a little too aggressive later on, but in the beginning he seemed reasonable enough. Customer could have simply said ok and retrieved mask or left, encounter over. Instead he argued. Reap the whirlwind you created.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Cop may have been a little too aggressive later on, but in the beginning he seemed reasonable enough. Customer could have simply said ok and retrieved mask or left, encounter over. Instead he argued. Reap the whirlwind you created.

Several times I've seen posted that the time to argue is not on the side of the road.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    27. That a violation of this order or the Governor’s Orders shall be a Class C misdemeanor and the penalty for violating this Resolution shall be a fine of not less than one dollar ($1.00) and no more than one thousand dollars ($1,000.00), and each day a violation exists shall be a separate offense. That this declaration also hereby authorizes the use of any other lawfully available enforcement tools.
    As long as it's understood this enforcement action is pointed at the shop owners and NOT the general public (customers), we'll be in mutual agreement as to what this enforcement means.

That was the problem with the governor's first attempt at a mask enforcement. The enforcement was directed at/towards the public and it was found to be unconstitutional. Then they came back with this interation of enforcement. It's designed to get shopkeepers to enforce mask rules as a matter of "store (or company) policy". As long as the store's policy is applied uniformly, it is not discriminatory. And as to "how" a business that's "open to the public", actually conducts their business, is up to them.

Your choice is simple: elect to shop somewhere else if you don't agree to follow a store's policy. Otherwise, you're on private property and subject to trespass laws (which ARE enforceable).

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Several times I've seen posted that the time to argue is not on the side of the road.

I'm going to put myself in the middle. Both were right, but both were also wrong.

Both could have handled the situation differently than they did.

But, the officer relayed the event differently to his supervisor and the other officers than what actually transpired. Seems he embellished just a little of the event. Just and observance on my part.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas

People laughed when Gomer was running around Mayberry hollering Citizens Arrest. Citizens Arrest at Barney. We have our own special group of Gomers now. One Karen was bitching at me for not wearing a mask. Held up my oxygen tank and told her I was special. LOL!

Don't get me started on young policemen.

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    As long as it's understood this enforcement action is pointed at the shop owners and NOT the general public (customers), we'll be in mutual agreement as to what this enforcement means.

That was the problem with the governor's first attempt at a mask enforcement. The enforcement was directed at/towards the public and it was found to be unconstitutional. Then they came back with this interation of enforcement. It's designed to get shopkeepers to enforce mask rules as a matter of "store (or company) policy". As long as the store's policy is applied uniformly, it is not discriminatory. And as to "how" a business that's "open to the public", actually conducts their business, is up to them.

Your choice is simple: elect to shop somewhere else if you don't agree to follow a store's policy. Otherwise, you're on private property and subject to trespass laws (which ARE enforceable).
    Greg Abbott is pond scum.

Top Bottom